Thread: Klutina River/Lake fishing ???

Default Klutina River/Lake fishing ???

Anyone know of the condition of the Klutina Lake Rd. and what the deal is with the native corp that owns the surrounding area. I know you need a permit to cross the land to get to the river, but where can you get a permit? Also how is the fishing from the bank on the river? My plan is drive out to the lake, camp, motor around the (w/ canoe or Raft) lake and fish around the mouth of the river and other streams. Can you fish from the road and camp without going all the way back to the lake (in cae the road is washed out) Any suggestions would be great, I will be heading out that at the end of June with a buddy from Wyoming. I have 4x4 truck soa rough road is no problem.

Default fished and camped two years ago

I took my F350 with a Bigfoot slide in two years ago. I went as far as what I believe was the mouth of the lake. It was a large clearing. Just past our camp area there was a gate the blocked further passage. We fished the bank caught some nice dollies and trout but no Salmon. Road was rough but we took our time. Had a chain saw and cleared some brush to allow easier passage with camper. I saw some people pulling boats in as well. We launched a small boat with a 3hp motor did some exploring but weather was bad so stayed pretty close to the mouth. As far as permit there was a box at entrance of the trail we filled out a permit and slipped in some money. All and all nice trip and pretty secluded. This trip was in early July in-fact we celebrated the 4th there..hope this helps some

Willow/Moose Creek

Default Contact

Contact Ahtna in Glenallen for info on the PUBLIC EASEMENT road and for a permit to camp off the side on their land. They do patrol it for trespassers. The mouth was reasonable for fishing and the road is doable with pickup clearance--as long as the road is open. The bank fishing was not too inviting.

They were delaying the opening due to "funding," but it's the same fight as for dipnetting access at Chitina.

Recommend it. It was THE most memorable fishing I have ever had cause of sequence of events.