Thread: Sutton conditions??

Default Sutton conditions??

I was thinking about going up to Sutton this weekend and I was wondering if anybody knows how much snow is there and how the trails are.
    Thanks,

Default I would think

the flats by the lake are fine but there may be a little to much snow in the woods and the trails to Eska Falls. Let us know what you find if you go!
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Default didn't make it

I didn't get a chance to go last weekend. I may try it again this weekend, hopefully somebody will give me a heads up on what to expect. I'd hate to drive all the way and then there be too much snow to ride.

I was told by a res. of sutton that there is no snow around, but up in the hills you start to hit some deep mushy stuff. So depends on how far up the mountain you want to go. This info is new as of saturday night, 4-12-08.

Curt

Default What To Expect

In 40 Years, I Have Learned To Expect Nothing And Be Prepaired For Anything.

Works Everytime

Tom

Made a go at Eska Falls last Tuesday I believe. Still 3 feet of snow and fozen mud. Later in the day when the snow got soft it was one stuck after another. We made it about halfway maybe a little more. Couldn't make the first steep big ridge. That was before all this new snow. Still had a great time though.

Default Sutton Eska

A few of us ran around Sutton last Saturday. Started on the trail to Eska. After a few hours of hitting the snow banks at balls to the wall, we decided to head for the mine. Made it up to the area where the underground fires are still going (no snow). Spent an hour trying to get up the hill from there. Headed back down and took the powerline trail to the Alpine for a beer. Ended up spending about 5 hours on the wheelers and called it a great saturday despite only convering 19 miles. This was the day after the Friday snow storm. May be better this weekend.