Thread: berger bullets

Default berger bullets

anyone try berger bullets for hunting? I see on the TV show "best of the west" they use them, just looking for unbiased opinions, thinking of trying these in a 30/06

I know the Berger's Bullets vary well, Walt B. and Eric S., good folks. I would not use their bullets for anything but deer and caribou. Assuming bullet placement and not trying them at max velocity. Unless your shots will be long ones.

I have shot many thousands of their bullets and it's not easy to find a better bullet. But that's for paper, not for flesh.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default Berger

I've shot Berger bullets in a lot of rifles. I've used them on whitetail out of my 308 x 1 1/2 and 30 x 45,(using a 6x xcope) with success I might add.
    Berger lists nearly all of its bullets as match(target), and that's what I feel they are best suited for. There BC is very good, BUT they shed there jackets and aren't designed for tougher targets. Paper ain't hard to kill.
    Both of the times I used BERGERS on hunts were last minute invites and I used what was laying on the bench ready to go.
    The 135 grn Flat Based HP was loaded in both calibers on both hunts and in all 4 deer harvested it self destructed violently. No animals were lost as a matter of fact none moved over 20 feet; It's hard to run with out a heart or lungs.These deer were shot as part of a crop destruction program.
    The ranges were 140 yds, 172 yds,177yds, 186 yds with my lazer from a blind.
    Given the power of the rifle I was using and the size of my given target, I would use these bullets again on these animals or smaller species (varmints). I would opt for a heavier constructed bullet on larger/tougher species where shots might not be controlled.
    JMO
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Big Stick

They can shoot great and typically nuke great.

Critters deserve better................

Default berger

I have used these bullets outta my 22-250 from prairie dogs, to rabbits, to deer, to pronghorns. They do some serious damage to pelts (in fact, they explode, which is expected of this style bullet). I have never had a problem with them killing deer sized animals, head, neck, or boiler shots.

I know you are lookin for 30-06 but just my 2 cents

Default thanks

thanks guys will scratch them off my list