Thread: Juneau meat processor's

Default Juneau meat processor's

Im doin my own steaks, and hamburger but would like to take the rest to a processor. Having all the moose meat shipped to my home address then Im going to quickly sort out what's staying and whats going. I then need to take it somewhere in town. Who do you use?

Lung, I don't hunt moose, but I process all of my own kills. What isn't steak, roast, burger, and stew meat will become jerky.

The only processor in town I know is Jerry's Meats at Western Auto.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

jerry's meat does dang good duck salami
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Jerry's is my first choice but he can be hard to get it in to. Gary Paul does a great job but is slightly more then Jerry's and you have to pick it up the same day because he doesn't have freezers, but he has a great italian sausage recipe. Horst Seafood is another but I have never used them because they are the most exspensive.

Quote Originally Posted by LungShot View Post
    Im doin my own steaks, and hamburger but would like to take the rest to a processor. Having all the moose meat shipped to my home address then Im going to quickly sort out what's staying and whats going. I then need to take it somewhere in town. Who do you use?
    When/where was that moose taken? This is April right?
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Horst Seafood last I knew would also do wild game. Check with them - Have had awesome deer lundjager made by them...

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyMountain View Post
    When/where was that moose taken? This is April right?
    No. Im just trying to figure out where im taking the meat from the moose I get this fall.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like there are not allot of places here. I might have to just send it to Indian Valley straight from Aniak, and then have em send it to me when it's done. Thats what my cousin is doing as he is from out of state.

Quote Originally Posted by LungShot View Post
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like there are not allot of places here. I might have to just send it to Indian Valley straight from Aniak, and then have em send it to me when it's done. Thats what my cousin is doing as he is from out of state.
    Unless it's terribly convenient (like the animal is lying dead in the back of my truck) I've always done my own here in Juneau. Even the bear hunt I've got going in May will rely on local processing in Petersburg instead of bringing anything back to Juneau. Jerry's and Horst's are the only 2 I've used... very limiting, I agree.

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There used to be a guy out N. Douglas that did it out of his garage - We've taken Moose to him before....Cant remember his name though...

I had deer burgers and hot dogs grilled over our fire at Taku Harbor last weekend... some of the best "over processed spare parts" I've had in years. Even my finicky daughter who won't eat a hot dog to save her life loved them...

Jerry's did the processing, and I was quite impressed compared to the last time I took anything there (about 5 years ago).

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]