Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He wants to be admired for his intelligence

Default He wants to be admired for his intelligence

***(deleted)***This is not about shooting.
    Last edited by Murphy; 04-11-2008 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by jorel77 View Post
    In the DSM IV, Narcissistic Personality Disorder is part of Cluster B personality disorders: (antisocial, borderline, histrionic, narcissistic) that are dramatic, emotional or erratic disorders. To date there is no recognized sub categories of NPD...

Intellectual cerebral Narcissist:
    The name says it all; the brainy kind of Narcissistic seeks admiration for his or her intelligence.

http://www.narcissism101.com/Narciss.../kindsofN.html
    That guy from the valley isn't here any more, he left on his own

And the guy from 24 hour campfire may be just passing through.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...age/0/fpart/23
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Seems the internet just has a way of bringing out the best in people!!

til later

Big Stick

RMiller,

Holes are a good start.

Exit holes especially.

But a pic IS worth 1000 words.

"Energy" always has been a moot designator,but it gets nephytes giddy and they gotta cling to an ideal or two I guess..............

You guys are in trouble now, his pics and video are coming now. This isn't one many here will win.....but good luck...grin

288yds, that is all What 1000 words is the picture suppose to tell us outside of the fact that you made an average shot, on a ok deer standing out in the open with a high powered rifle and good optics.???? You and my grandson shoot about he same. A friend of mine in Montana has made 900yd shot and killed a gopher and I know you don't shoot like he does. And are you suggesting that only an exit wound makes a good kill? Not much info in this picture and surely not a thousand words worth. Not impressed with your knowledge or you field experience nor your shooting nor the video and certainly not your attitude. So you are just like all the rest who love to hunt and shoot. Nothing special and certainly not like the greats in the field of shooting and hunting. Just average.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by Big Stick View Post
    ...... "Energy" always has been a moot designator,but it gets nephytes giddy and they gotta cling to an ideal or two I guess..............
    Please explain.

Big Stick

'tooth,

Was I in the wrong to lace him unsuspectingly,as he leisured for a morning stroll? Should I have spooked him away farther,so as to bolster your commentary? I feel bad now,if it weren't Sportin'.

It was lofty of my expectations,to assume you could connect the dots and I'll know better next time and will elaborate in far greater detail,so as to be spared your scorn.

I'll toss you a hasty sub .5MOA 700yd cluster,in tough conditions,via field rest,7lb rifle and 6x glass. Then you can critique it and help me out in the accuracy department.

Thanks!................

Big Stick

"Energy" does not take into account bullet construction,which is THE factoid that terminal affects hinge upon.

Nor does it take into account diameter(wound channel).

Were I to get giddy about a downrange designator,it would be impact speed,as that is what imparts the Mojo and I'd give great thought to opting a projectile that best made use of that work window.

It is the melding of attributes,that completes the package and it is sadly the most offt overlooked..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Big Stick View Post
    'tooth,

Was I in the wrong to lace him unsuspectingly,as he leisured for a morning stroll? Should I have spooked him away farther,so as to bolster your commentary? I feel bad now,if it weren't Sportin'.

It was lofty of my expectations,to assume you could connect the dots and I'll know better next time and will elaborate in far greater detail,so as to be spared your scorn.

I'll toss you a hasty sub .5MOA 700yd cluster,in tough conditions,via field rest,7lb rifle and 6x glass. Then you can critique it and help me out in the accuracy department.

Thanks!................
    I only posted what I did to see what your response would be. And your response confirms the reason for this thread.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Big Stick

'77,

I'm preoccupied with results,fueled via fruits of labor and love. Admittedly,not being a dimwit doesn't hurt those "odds".

I reckon plagiarism soothes you much more than a firsthand discussion regarding the Outdoors. Good luck with that..................

Big Stick

tooth,

Reality often collides with Fantasy and not all patrons of The Outdoors are keyboard commando's.

Get out a little.................

Plagiarism: copying what somebody else has written or taking somebody’s else’s idea and trying to pass it off as original

Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing

I gave the source.

Another trait:

"An unwillingness to reflect on his/her own behaviors"

see: http://www.narcissism101.com/

Bullet speed is just an indirect way of saying energy. Speed is the most important variable in the calculation of energy. That whole v^2 thing. Of course the bullets you are using have mass but speed is more important. Ok, I got a formula for you 1/2mv^2. That v thing is the velocity or "speed." It's pretty important so it's squared. That one half is on the mass so it reduces the effect that sectional density has, indirectly anyway. So we've got SD reduced because you don't like it and the speed is the important variable. Guess what:

Kinetic Energy = 1/2mv^2

So is energy important or not. You can't say faster bullets kill better than bigger bullets without invoking energy which you don't seem to think is that important. Expanding bullets is just a fancy way of saying changing SD after impact.

Don't you bolster your "commentary" enough already?

Big Stick

'77,

I reflect often on my behavior and am prouder than a PeaCock of my Life's accomplishments,be it Family or Fun.

Here I billed this as Please critique it in your infinite wisdom,go to lengths to expound those findings and help me out.(grin) You pout nicely!
    Last edited by Murphy; 04-11-2008 at 14:34. Reason: Is not about shooting

Jorel77! I feel like I owe you! Where do I send the check!

Very accurate diagnosis and enlightening to boot!

Big Stick,

You can't win this one.

Only three variables effect the wound channel. They are:

Mass
    Diameter
    Velocity

Bullet construction effects effective diameter as it expands but it is still diameter. If you can't see this you don't understand the physics.

Here we go....

Big Stick

'30,

Because "energy" swoons you.

Might you know that a .243" 75 gr polymer tipped thin-jacketed Varmint Bullet makes 2500+ ft lbs of energy at the muzzle,via 3900fps launch? As does a .358" 180gr XFB at 2500fps.

Now I've little doubt,that you'd equate them same/same,as per relative killing ability...and have a monopoloy on that stance.....................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast