Thread: Deshka Silvers are in thick!

Default Deshka Silvers are in thick!

Fished the lower half mile yesterday(Weds) and it was amazing!! In 15 years I have never personally witnessed fish schooling so thick. I started snagging them right off (accidently) and had to change tactics until I got it figured out. Single hook, chartreuse anything, cast into their midst and let it settle to the bottom then retrieve. The hook-ups came within a second of the lure hitting the water. 3 guys-9 fair caught fish in about 2 hours. Plus we had only a few other boats to share the river with. Mid-week fishing is great when you can get it, especially on a normally popular. We released numerous others and a few pinks to boot. All in all it was a good day to be on the water.

Default water

Erik,
    How is the water with all this rain ?
    Was there a ton of junk in the Su & was the water high & dirty on the Deshka?
    Thinking about going this weekend, but never have much luck with the silvers there..

Believe it or not the Su and the Deshka are a bit low. The first big left turn just down from the landing has its big gravel bar exposed and the Deshka gets thin between the lodge and the sand bank (keep right of center and stay on step) and gain about 6 miles up stream (as far as I went)