Thread: Digital Camera bag/sleave?

Default Digital Camera bag/sleave?

I have a Nikon D40 and I am looking for a tight fitting case that I can use when hiking and let the camera hang around my neck. In the old days I had a nice little leather one for my film SLR. Any suggestions???
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

They were called Eveready cases, and although not as popular today, they still make them. Check out this one.

http://www.adorama.com/INKCFD1.html?...07882766105957
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Strutz View Post
    They were called Eveready cases, and although not as popular today, they still make them. Check out this one.
    Jim, Thanks for the input, this is close to what I am thinking about.

I have seen camera armor (or something like that) for sale as well, looks tough, anyone have any experience with this?

I do a lot of climbing (Lazy Mountain, Matanuska Peak, Pioneer Peak, Flattop when in town, the Butte, etc.). I have a nice day pack that works well, but frequently I like having my camera around my neck for quick shots. I tend to sweat a lot, not to mention rain and mud. So I am looking for something that will protect the camera from the elements, but also makes it easy to access. Again, thanks for any comments.

Roger
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Ahhh, I found the I was thinking of first, but couldn't remember the name - Zing - now a Tiffen product. Made from closed cell neoprene so it's rainproof and shock resistant. Probably more like what you want.

http://www.tiffen.com/products.html?tablename=zing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check with Cameraland in this forum. Doug may have some for Nikon cameras. I bought a Lowepro 200 from Camera Land, which is not what you are looking for, but a sort of backpack to carry the camera and several lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfromAK View Post
    Check with Cameraland in this forum. Doug may have some for Nikon cameras. I bought a Lowepro 200 from Camera Land, which is not what you are looking for, but a sort of backpack to carry the camera and several lenses.
    What was the shipping price?
    I was looking at the same camera bag from Camerland and they list it $20 cheaper than B&H, Adorama & Amazon. My very meager online buying knowledge is that usually when an item is priced lower than reputable sellers, the difference is made up in shipping costs.

Umm...nevermind. I just clicked on the Add to cart button. The shipping price is pretty good and I think I'll order the 200 from them.