Thread: Kodiak Spring Bear - 2008

Default Kodiak Spring Bear - 2008

I know there are guides in the field and hunters on their way... Anyone willing to share real time info on snow conditions and/or bear sightings on Kodiak?

Default Anyone else going?

At least someone came thru... Thanks...

Anyone else out there counting the seconds for Kodiak Bear?

Report:

Snow is still fairly low on the Mountains, down about the 500 foot mark but receding, snow was rained on and froze so tracks are hard to see. Further down their have been several bear sightings, their coming out! it is still pretty cold temp this morning around 27 degrees.

at least six bears have been seen on the road system, two bears had been killed as of monday, snow level on east facing slopes is around 1000 feet or so, west facing slopes its down really low still, lotta snow up high, freezing at night, thawing during the day, its still wintery, but the bears are out moving, more will be out every day, some good rain would be a big help!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Had a report of a guided hunter in Larsen Bay taking a 10'3" toad with a 28 3/4" mellon.

I won't believe it until I see a picture, but it came from a good source.

Taylor

56 degrees in Kodiak yesterday. Snow levels are creeping up the mountain. More snow this year on the eastside of the Island than on the westside. That's the report I got yesterday.