Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which ITP Mudlite are you guys running?

Default Which ITP Mudlite are you guys running?

Are you guys using the Mudlite AT (3/4" lug) or the Mudlite XL (1 1/4" lug)??
    Looking to put a pair on my 350 rancher. Thanks

I am happy with the XTR on my Rhino. Good tire!

Waste of money to replace stock tires to buy only a 3/4 inch lug tire IMO

Default 589's

I run ITP 589's and love them!

With a 350, tire weight would also be a consideration.

Running 26" XL's on my Foreman.

Default xtr

Take a good look at the XTR, they weigh less than 589's but not as luggy and have a better bite than the mudlights, I ran 589's on my rubicon and thought they did very well, I switched to XTR's because they are lighter and little better ride on hardpack. I guess it all depends on where you spend most of your ride time, in the mud, trails, or a combo of both.

27" XTRs on a Grizz 700
    26" XTRs on a Grizz 450

ITP offset wheels for a more stable base.

Both are too much tire for a Honda 350.

Default Like Them

I am running 26" XLs on my Quadrunner 500. They made a huge difference over stock tires. I am glad I went with the deep tread. Good luck deciding. There are lots of good choices out there.
    Patrick

Default itp

I was just looking at the itp web site and the 589 would probably give a stiff ride but the 6-ply construct looks like a plus. Personaly I would consider the "mud-lite" or the "mud-lite xl" as my choice. I will probably consider jumping up to the 26's too from the factory 25's as well! I believe the latter will give a smoother ride as the 4-ply construct also is as tough as the 6-ply which is stated on the itp web page. Anybody running maxxis? What works best over there?

According to their webiste the XL's are 6 ply.

Default xl's

Yea i just noticed that too that they are 6 ply but the parts guy kept saying they were 4 ply. He must have some old information. I did like the looks of the xtr and these are radial design I noticed on the web site and are a little higher in price. The radial design would give a more pleasant ride but when your in the back country does any body notice the differance? And with IRS it may not make a whole lot of difference anyway.

The radials would possibly give a better ride on pavement or hard pack, but I dont think you would notice in any other conditions. They are more suseptable to punctures from sticks and sharp rocks though. I think I would go for the bias ply tires if it was me. Not sure if the 350 honda could handle them or not, but I dont think the 3/4" lug tires would even be worth the upgrade.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default XL's

I ordered some 25" tall XL's. Will let you know how they work on the little 350. Thanks for the input.

Wifes got 25"ers on her machine and it handles them just fine, you like those Lites.

With 25 inchers I think you will be fine. I think you did the right thing with the xl's.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default xl

i love my xl's. just last night i blew one off the bead and had to put my stock tires back on in the rear i couldnt even go in 4x where i was driving around in 2 wheel an hour before.

Default Where is the cheapest place to buy Mudlites?

I'm running the 26" Mud lite XTRs and I love them. I'm looking for a set for my wife's machine. Where is the cheapest place to get them here. Ebay is cheap but the shipping prices kill that idea.

Check motosport.com for free shipping to Alaska.

GoPro on Lake Otis stocks some ITP tires. If not, they can order and are reasonable.

I put 25" 589's on the wifes 300 4x4 and they do a great job on the machine. To each his own but I have 589's on all my machines and love em'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast