Thread: 10/22 jamming problems

Default 10/22 jamming problems

I have a Ruger 10/22 Race Rifle (on the high end for factory 10/22's). It has a tendency to jam from time to time (more than I would like). It is very finicky with what ammo I put into it, which is quite annoying. Does anybody know any tricks or suggestions to prevent this jamming?

Big Stick

Keep the chamber and the extractor cut out in the boltface clean.

The Race wears a Bentz chamber and they are more snug than SAAMI,so will be more sensitive to bullet profiles,for that reason....................

Default Magazine

Try a different magazine. See if it only jams with one particular magazine or another.
    Aftermarket mags may not feed as well as a factory mag.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Quote Originally Posted by yoge View Post
    I have a Ruger 10/22 Race Rifle (on the high end for factory 10/22's). It has a tendency to jam from time to time (more than I would like). It is very finicky with what ammo I put into it, which is quite annoying. Does anybody know any tricks or suggestions to prevent this jamming?
    Find out from the builder of your rifle, what ammo the reamer they cut your chamber was for? Try some of the Wolf match ammo. this is always the down side of tight chambered .22 Rim fires. They won't do well with the cheap stuff. The builder had accuracy in mind when he built your rifle.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Big Stick

Bentz.

2nd time...............