Thread: Nude Gold Panning

Talking Nude Gold Panning

Busted!! Now git yer mind out of the gutter! This was just a test to see how many folks would open this bogus post versus my perfectly reasonable last post "Metal Detecting Stories" which has receievd not a single response. We either have no metal detectorists in AK, or just a bunch of crusty ole miners looking for a sneak peek.. Hmmmm, wait a minute, I just described myself! At this pace, I'd be happy with a reply to either post..lol

thx all...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FishnMan View Post
    Busted!! Now git yer mind out of the gutter! This was just a test to see how many folks would open this bogus post versus my perfectly reasonable last post "Metal Detecting Stories" which has receievd not a single response. We either have no metal detectorists in AK, or just a bunch of crusty ole miners looking for a sneak peek.. Hmmmm, wait a minute, I just described myself! At this pace, I'd be happy with a reply to either post..lol

thx all...
    Caught me I guess. I was actually going to comment that isnt it a little cold to Nude Pan? Cant say I would do it long enough to find any gold.
    The best way to change someones mind is with a ROCK!!

Default deet sales

I was thinking any gold you found would have to go to the purchase of deet cutter off.

Default Boots?

Are Boots allowed? The water can be cold and we all know about shrinkage!!!

Default I was just wanting to read the articles, I don't look at the pics!

Like I told my mama when I came home from middle school one day and she flipped the mattress to change the sheets, " I swear, i just read the articles about men's health!"....

awe, guess you got me too!

And I don't metal detect, just getting into working gold...so, gonna do nome beach this summer for my vacation....but I would like to find out more about it...so, guess maybe i'll do a little research on detecting as my penance!

Scotty
    Scotty in the AK bush

Default I am a novice as well...

Correct me if I am wrong but working Nome Beach could be a little difficult for the beginner, or should I say recovery could be tedious. Fine gold can be very difficult to seperate without the proper tools. However, best of luck to you!!! My buddy at work got me into prospecting and I love it, its another great opertunity to get out into the woods!

Red face Pictures of my gold nuggets

LOL once again, get yer minds out of the dredge. I'll be hopefully posting pics of my nuggets, er...finds, later this year. Fortunately, I WILL have clothes on. I've already found every nail in my home's floors, can't wait to shoot the earth (with my MD) once the snow goes bye-bye! Good luck in all your endeavors out there.

Default Yeah, could be hard, but it's all about the adventure!

Yeah, your right, I'm new and the clean up will be difficult, but, some of the guys over at the gpaa told me to focus on my primary sluice first, collect my fines, get to know some of the guys there on the beach and see what is working for them... I have part of May, all of June and July to do what I need to do. Actually, they said that one of the guys on the beach or at the GPAA camp would probably be willing to help me clean up my stuff. Some of those guys really like teaching green necks! So, I'll take it a step at a time..I grew up in the gravel business building washing plants, shakers, etc....we ran pumps, loaders, hoppers, belts, screens, wash plants, etc....so, some of it is new to me, some of it is not....but hey, I'll have fun!

I always do something fun for my summer break. I boated 600 miles down the yukon and 125 back up the sea to Unalakleet 2 summers ago...in a flat bottom...hehehe, I had lots of people say, "you don't know what your doing"...but, hey, I made it! And had a blast....hitch hiked last summer all around the interior...did granite mountain cabin twice in the winter caribou and moose hunting...so, the adventure is what it is really about to me...everyone is different...I got buddies that it's all about the kill, if they don't kill something, then the trip sucked....I enjoy just getting out and seeing new things, photographing, etc.

Probably the funnest thing I ever did that had the greatest return for the effort was one time I was in waist deep water in a swamp, saw some piglets playing. Then I followed 'em into a willow thicket. The sow was laying there sleeeping in a thick willow, I could hear her breathing but could not see her. I laid next to a sow, oh about 6 ft from her, seperated by the willow and listened to the piglet nursing and playing. man, that was better than shooting 'em! Actually, i used alot of hog urine as cover so I got close to alot of hogs and that was a greater thrill than eating one, and they taste good!

So, hopefully I'll meet some nice people on the beach, watch, listen, learn, build and rebuild!

thanks for all the info on this board, it's helped me out alot!

Scotty
    Scotty in the AK bush

You do fine on the Nome beach. But remember that the best gold is on the west beach not the east beach closest to town. And stay out of the Board of Trade. Many a man has entered with a full poke only to come out busted, and flat broke.

Default thanks Stiffneck...is there a map that shows the legal areas?

Thanks, I've seen some posts about from here to there, but, is there a map that I can rely on? I'd like to use my gps to mark my test spots.

and I'll look for Peluk, I think I got a post from him before...

scotty
    Scotty in the AK bush

Angry Good info but............

Quote Originally Posted by jssbastiat View Post
    Yeah, your right, I'm new and the clean up will be difficult, but, some of the guys over at the gpaa told me to focus on my primary sluice first, collect my fines, get to know some of the guys there on the beach and see what is working for them... I have part of May, all of June and July to do what I need to do. Actually, they said that one of the guys on the beach or at the GPAA camp would probably be willing to help me clean up my stuff. Some of those guys really like teaching green necks! So, I'll take it a step at a time..I grew up in the gravel business building washing plants, shakers, etc....we ran pumps, loaders, hoppers, belts, screens, wash plants, etc....so, some of it is new to me, some of it is not....but hey, I'll have fun!

I always do something fun for my summer break. I boated 600 miles down the yukon and 125 back up the sea to Unalakleet 2 summers ago...in a flat bottom...hehehe, I had lots of people say, "you don't know what your doing"...but, hey, I made it! And had a blast....hitch hiked last summer all around the interior...did granite mountain cabin twice in the winter caribou and moose hunting...so, the adventure is what it is really about to me...everyone is different...I got buddies that it's all about the kill, if they don't kill something, then the trip sucked....I enjoy just getting out and seeing new things, photographing, etc.

Probably the funnest thing I ever did that had the greatest return for the effort was one time I was in waist deep water in a swamp, saw some piglets playing. Then I followed 'em into a willow thicket. The sow was laying there sleeeping in a thick willow, I could hear her breathing but could not see her. I laid next to a sow, oh about 6 ft from her, seperated by the willow and listened to the piglet nursing and playing. man, that was better than shooting 'em! Actually, i used alot of hog urine as cover so I got close to alot of hogs and that was a greater thrill than eating one, and they taste good!

So, hopefully I'll meet some nice people on the beach, watch, listen, learn, build and rebuild!

thanks for all the info on this board, it's helped me out alot!

Scotty

...And this relates to my post how? You silly hijacker!!