Thread: I need an airplane project for my sanity!

Default I need an airplane project for my sanity!

I had to sell my Maule M-5 and I am looking for a project plane to work on since I can't fly for fun anymore. I would prefer a Maule, Citabria 7GCBC, or a Champ. Please let me know if you have or know of a project for cheap. Thanks!

There is a Maul M4? For sale on the SE ramp at Birchwood. It has been for sale as long as I have been there and I donít think it has moved. Its brown facing the inlet not the trees parked next to a light blue Champ (not for sale)
    Drew

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Toddler View Post
    There is a Maul M4? For sale on the SE ramp at Birchwood. It has been for sale as long as I have been there and I donít think it has moved. Its brown facing the inlet not the trees parked next to a light blue Champ (not for sale)
    Drew
    Any idea of the price of that thing? Also do you have any idea on the condition or have pics?
    The best way to change someones mind is with a ROCK!!

i think it was around 3o to 35k?

Default Project

Keep checking Craigs list, they show up often.

Mac

There is a '77 7GCBC on the Alaska Airmens site. No price. Also a '96 7GCBC with 1990 TTEA on Supercub.org. $60,000 asking price. You can always keep prowling Merril and Lake Hood also. Lot of times there are planes for sale that aren't advertised.

Default Good site

Call Kevin W. at 907-357-8000. Here is a link to his web site http://www.alaskaclaimsservices.com/?area=salvage
    he does most of the insurance wrecks and has a good idea about whats out there.

Terry

Default Project for Sale

I have a project. It is a 1940 J5A. Many PA 12 upgrades. It is ready for fabric. Very nice fuse... PA 18 Seat...Jack screw, flap handle, new spars in one wing...This would make a very nice plane. Logs and Date plate included...$11,000
    Ron

Default Maule M4

Have an M4 project that I am getting rid of. It has M5 wing mod (flaps, ailerons and wing attach fittings). It has been re-covered in stitts through silver and just finished painting the squirrel cage with 2 part epoxy. One wing is in ok shape, the other needs leading edge and top skin. Comes with a Cont. IO-360 although was original Frank 220. Have the logbooks. Prop was overhauled in 92 and never put on. Good project but I am out of time and just bought an M6 and need some gas money! $15,000 obo for everything. I will try and get some pics out if you are interested and a better detail of all that comes with it. Send me an email if you are interested.

Default Just started

flying lessons, not a cheap endvour. Im thinking about buying something to learn in and log some hours, will sell and upgrade at a later date. Any recommendations for a training plane? Tri or tail dragger either or

Default sorry

Quote Originally Posted by akhunter02 View Post
    flying lessons, not a cheap endvour. Im thinking about buying something to learn in and log some hours, will sell and upgrade at a later date. Any recommendations for a training plane? Tri or tail dragger either or
    didnt mean to post this here

powder_special,
    I'd like some more information on your Maule M4 project. Your member profile won't let me email you so I sent you a private message with my contact information.

Default IO-360 interest

Powder,
    Drop me a line in regards to the engine. I would be interested in knowing model, times, etc. You said this had a Franklin? What year is the AC? I have a friend that has a Franklin that may be interested in just the air frame. Are you willing to split them?
    Kurt

Kurt,
    Did you ever make contact with powder_coat about the M4 project? I haven't had any luck.

-Chris