Thread: Sheep Hunting Videos

Default Sheep Hunting Videos

Has anyone seen "The Guides Eye Series"? Sheep On The Edge, Nahanni Twisters, Huntin' Rams, or Dream Rams. If so, are they worth buying? Can you give a little report, good or bad? Thanks.

Al

Default I have seen them all

Yes they are all worth getting. Some of the best sheep hunting footage I have seen. Just be prepared as sometimes the shooters are really not good at all in these videos (you don't pick the client) but it will definately make you pumped for the season and wishing you could use R-44's.

Default Good Videos

I have all the videos and think they are good. Good quality and I enjoy the way Bart Lancaster does them.

Default I Agree

I own "HUNTIN RAMS" and Twisters, both are excellent videos. I want to get the other videos but SW doesnt have them in Fairbanks

Default Who is selling them?

Where are these available for sale? Do they cost the same for non-residents?

Default great sheep video

I have the Nahanni Twisters video & really liked it but I would highly recommend the Black Shale White Sheep video filmed in Alaska.
    Check it out & think you'll enjoy it, I know Sportsman's Warehouse as well as Wiggy's carries it or order it directly from Rick french at Alaska Alpine Outfitters.

Default Where to buy

You can buy some sheep hunting videos as well as many other great videos and books right here on the "store" link at the top of the page on the right at this forum.

Or you can always search on ebay and amazon for the videos.

Finally--here are 3 links that sell the videos--have never ordered from them so I have no idea of reliability/service level.

http://www.huntflix.com/default.php
    http://www.prohuntingvideos.com/sitemap.htm
    http://www.allhorn.com/store.php?

Hope this helps a bit...

Default Thanks

I'll check out the options. Thanks again.

I have a couple other videos by Bart Lancaster and enjoy them all. I will eventually add these to my collection. He includes a lot of shots of camp, scenery and things that happen along the way that are part of the hunt that often get left out of other videos. His are among my favorite videos.

Default videos

Thanks to all who responded. I'm ordering mine from All Horn Video. I do have Black Shale White Sheep, and it is awesome. Very well done(I like the camera through the spotting scope for closer views). I got mine from Marc at Wiggys.

Al

Get 'em here guys.

Those are all great vids and most are available here on this forum. I bought White Sheep Black Shale from the ODD library here--pretty good production.

If you don't see something you really want here, email and request it.

Those sales help keep this great forum here and free for all of us...

Default sheep videos...

If you want to see some videos on hard-core guided sheep hunts, check out the videos titled Modern Day Mountain Man, filmed by Billy Molls....see forum General Discussion for more info on MDMM.
    Dennis

I'll give another vote to the Modern Day Mountain Man series,
    by Billy Molls. Most of it is in the Brooks and it is hardcore boots on the ground sheep hunting. Real weather, gear, views. I greatly enjoyed them. The sheep one is titled Rampage if I remember correctly. They take some very special sheep, one old Ram only had a nub left for one horn.

Steve

Fullkurl: Would it be possible to get packages of videos put together for different species at a reduced rate? It would be a really easy way for people planning a hunt to just order a package. I know I would likely just order a Sheep package if I could save a few bucks over the individual video's

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Fullkurl: Would it be possible to get packages of videos put together for different species at a reduced rate? It would be a really easy way for people planning a hunt to just order a package. I know I would likely just order a Sheep package if I could save a few bucks over the individual video's

LuJon, donno about that. Shoot David an email and he'll certainly let you know...

Frank