Thread: Patterning "THE JUDGE"

Default Patterning "THE JUDGE"

I wanted to post a pic of the target we shot with Alaska-Lanche's Judge today.

It was pretty interesting we were about 10-15 feet which is pretty close to the max for this weapon with any consistancy. We actually shot 4 targets at this range but this one was centered the best and shows how the pellets seem to swirl which I assume is due to the rifled barrel of the pistol. Pretty neat little toy thats for sure and it could be fun wing shooting ptarmigan at close range.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    ...it could be fun wing shooting ptarmigan at close range.
    Good luck with that....

Default I think this is one of those things that seem like

a good idea at the time, but....ck out these tests of the judge...purdy underwhelming...http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

Default I think this is one of those things that seem like

a good idea at the time, but ck out these tests....http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm...purdy underwhelming..

It would still be my first choice for killing snakes here in Alaska.

Goodness knows, we need a pistol for these pesky snow snakes.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

That pistol rocks.

I bet it would be fun to wing shoot ptarmigan with.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Too bad the ptarmigan season is closed I saw hudreds this weekend! It would be fun to try and down them with the judge but I after looking at the pattern I think those of us that can shoot would have a hard time! The Judge would make that guy that allways miss by a foot or so look like a champion skeet shooter. Aim anywhere but directly at the bird and you will likely bring it down.

I was thinking #4 shot so if a pellet hits it the bird will go down. Since the pattern is so erratic make each pellet able to do the task on its own.

The test is what the test is (http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm...purdy), but I am pretty sure that a face full of bird shot and a couple of 45s are going to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
    The test is what the test is (http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm...purdy), but I am pretty sure that a face full of bird shot and a couple of 45s are going to do the job.
    Their point is that the .45s is going to do the job a whole lot more effectively than the birdshot. If I want non-lethal force I'll carry a taser or pepper spray.

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
    Exactly. Home defense does not need or want the same 12" of penetration that LEOs need. I wont be shooting through any car windshields myself.

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    Exactly. Home defense does not need or want the same 12" of penetration that LEOs need. I wont be shooting through any car windshields myself.
    I guess it's your choice, but if I'm dealing with a home invasion, there is no way it's going to be with something similar to The Judge with birdshot. What if my opponent actually has something lethal??? I'm not saying a shot at point blank range from this gun couldn't be lethal, but the odds are greatly reduced. I'd trust it less than a .22 lr. As your sig. line says, holes through the vitals is what kills. I absolutely agree! Your chances of even reaching the vitals with the birdshot is much lower. If it does, you're talking small holes with much slower blood loss. Screw that!

BTW, if I'm in a situation that could foreseeably require windshield penetration, my .40 is staying in the holster and I'll be using my 12ga loaded with Brennekes.

I like the buckshot and slugs. The birdshot is for the birds.

Unhappy Snakes and such...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    It would still be my first choice for killing snakes here in Alaska.

Goodness knows, we need a pistol for these pesky snow snakes.
    Might have to get one for Mrs. Walton...she's been complaining of one o' them there Bed Snakes............oh, wait, never mind.......