Thread: Mid-may fishing

Anchorage, AK

Question Mid-may fishing

I'm sure this has been asked before, but can't seem to find the information I want so...

I've got family coming up in mid-May and they want to do some fishing. While I know this is not the best time to come for fishing, they're pretty stuck on that time. They don't mind spending money for a good charter and all. I know we could probably get some halibut and rockfish from Seward or Homer, how would King fishing be at that time (as in a halibut/king combo trip). Are Kings much more available in Homer versus Seward? Also, are there any kings or anything in the Kenai by that time? Any other suggestions for good fishing that can be had at that time? Any help is appreciated.

Default yep

king fishing off of deep creek and along the bluffs can be excellent that time of year and they will find some butts as well,

the 907

Default you will be fine

Well, Homer is definetly the place for halibut. There may not be a ton of kings around but they will defintely be big.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Most of the flowing waters into the kenai are closed from may 1 through june 11 for protection of the spawing bows. The lakes on the peninsula will be breaking up then and there is some good lake fishing in that area.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Mid-May Fishing

Don't be afraid to fish the Kasilof in mid May for Kings. It opens to bait on the 16th and I've fished it several years with Mike Wheat at that time and always gotten fish. His number is 907-398-4158, and I believe he offers a May special.