Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air guns for hunting

bullshop junior

Default Air guns for hunting

Yesterday I got my self a new toy. A norinco fast deer, side cocking 177 cal air rifle.
    Today I ran a test for the best shooting pellet.
    20 yards bench, iron sights.
    Crosman compition FN-0.229
    Gamo Hunter RN-0.249
    Gamo Master point PT-0.387
    Crosman ultra magnum RN-0.494
    Beeman silver bear HP-0.501
    Gamo Magnum PT-0.964
    Gamo Match FN-2.610
    With this gun I have killed rabbits grouse, and squirrel.
    Have fun.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

Smile

Right on, sound like you got yourself some trophys! In a day no less . I remember when all I had to do was play around and shoot stuff. Those were the days.

bullshop junior

YA!
    Right after I posted that post, I put a scope on it, and got it sighted in. Trying to use up them gamo match pellets, I set about 15 22 cases on a 2X4, and what do ya know it, at 20 yards I hit them every time.
    I Got Me A Keeper!!!
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

bullshop junior

Yep. At 14, and being home schooled I get plenty of time for shooting, and hunting.
    I also killed two squirrels with it today.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

I picked up one of those break barrel 1000fps air guns year ago. I have killed more game from bunnies to squirls and bees to birds. I had it sighted in with a 4 power tasco and I think the longest shot I took (successfully) was about 60 yards, headshot a tree rat using Kentucky windage. It might have been dumb luck but I'll never admit that here.

bullshop junior

My little brother has a Crosman quest 1000 break barrel. It only does 820, not the 1000 listed on the box. we put a scope on that, and we got groups about 1/2" wide, but about 3*1/2" long. the barrel never sets its self to the same spot, and it did not work with a scope. since the sights are mounted on the barrel, it does OK, but it is always going out of ajusment. Another thing is that My norinco hits to the same place with all pellets, light, heavy, pointy, flat, doesnt matter. Nathans you got to sight it in for each type of pellet. Like, a flat nose will hit 5" to the left of a round nose, and a pointed will hit 5" to the right of the round nose. and it wont shoot worth crap with cheap pellets. No sir. The only thing it shoots good is the $12+ a can RWS pellets. Now with them RWS pellets mine shoots them into the same hole. Makes you wonder if you hit the target more then once.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

just ordered a norinco fast deer online for 34$ new.. hope its as good as you say! hehe!! havent owned a air rifle since i was 10, and im 37 now.. i remember really enjoying the crossman but you had to pump it 10 times, so after quite a few bb's it gave you a arm ache! i also got the .22 round end pellets, and the .177 rround end pellets.. what is the best pellets for this gun? and it said it was .177 but will i be able to fire the .22 pellets through it?

Ray
    Semper Fi!

No dice on the .22 pelets in the .177 rifle.
    I had a little single pump bb air gun we used to shoot dragonflys out of the air with which is more fun than you can imagine! We actually got decent at picking them off but we missed the VAST majority of the time. My cousin purchased 3 of the Crossman Powerline 880 10 pump air rifles for his kids recently. We were really excited to get them home and check them out since this was the same gun that he and his brother grew up with and still sits next to his dads back door! Well the "updated" model is a total piece of junk!! Every good thing that made the old rifle last 25 hard years has been changed. I would rather throw rocks than shoot the new ones!

well darn it now im going to have to order a .22 pellet rifle, anyone got any recomendations?

Ray
    Semper Fi!

bullshop junior

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    just ordered a norinco fast deer online for 34$ new.. hope its as good as you say! hehe!! havent owned a air rifle since i was 10, and im 37 now.. i remember really enjoying the crossman but you had to pump it 10 times, so after quite a few bb's it gave you a arm ache! i also got the .22 round end pellets, and the .177 rround end pellets.. what is the best pellets for this gun? and it said it was .177 but will i be able to fire the .22 pellets through it?

Ray
    Well I have had 3 of them.
    The first one I LOVED! It did about 500 FPS, shot good, and Worked real well. It also lived though me beating the tar out of it. When the neighbors moved up from Texas, I gave it to there kids, because they had squirrel problems, and all there guns where in Texas.
    Then my second one, I got used from our gun shop, But the rear sight just didnt have quite enough adjustment to the right. I then did a partial trade for the last new one we had in the shop.
    It has way more power then the other two. I have not cronografed it yet, But hope to soon. This one did not have enough adjustment up in the sight. I just filed a little off the top of the front sight. Works great! now I am right in the middle of my adjustment range.
    There are 4 boys in our family, plus dad, and we all have one. They all shoot a little to the left, and all but one have enough adjustment to fix it.
    Mt favorite hunting pellet for this gun is the beeman silver bear. I like the gamo hunter round nose a lot to for a all around pellet. My brothers all like the gamo match for accuracy, but mine shot the crosman bulk competition pellet way better.
    22 cal will not work in mine. Maybe you got a different model. mine is a fast dear KL-3B in .177 cal, side lever.
    They do not come with sling studds, but I have put them on five of these. Just be careful of chipping the finish.
    I have a real old on that is a under lever. I need to fix it. It is missing the rear sight, and a action screw.
    That's something else. LOCK TIGHT THE SCREWS IN!!!! I have lost a few, and they are a pain to get!
    I hope you like yours. I really like mine.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.
    The one on top is mine. The other one is stock, exept for the sling studs.

bullshop junior

The benjamin. I had one. Realy good gun.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

bullshop junior

I am sorry to here that. All the cheap wall mart ones we got broke to These norincos seem very quallity.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

norinco KL-3B is the one i ordered, what does it mean by side cocking?

Ray
    Semper Fi!

bullshop junior

It means that the lever that opens the breach is on the side.
    You can see the lever in the picher on mine.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

bullshop junior

like this.

BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

Default Well this post cost me money

$29.95 shipped to the door UPS. Norinco KL-3B .177 caliber. I was looking for an air rifle and darn it if the reviews of this little gun are not all that bad. Trigger seems to be a problem but I own a few hones and files.

One is on the way.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    $29.95 shipped to the door UPS. Norinco KL-3B .177 caliber. I was looking for an air rifle and darn it if the reviews of this little gun are not all that bad. Trigger seems to be a problem but I own a few hones and files.

One is on the way.

from where!!!? i just payed 35$ +15$ for shipping!... wow that is cool that side cocking!

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Default Right here

http://bestairgun.stores.yahoo.net/fadeklair.html

I did the entire billing and no UPS charge to the Paypal account. Just the cost of the rifle.

Default Email

This morning I got an Email form the vendor. They want $30 shipping and handling. I sent back an email asking why wasn't this included on the checkout page with the price. Waiting for a reply.

For a consistantly reliable, accurate and powerful gun I suggest a Sheridan .20. It is common to have one go 15-20 years of use and thousands of rounds without needing any repairs. I have one that is 44 years old and I still use it. Soon I will be putting a new valve kit in it. I also have a 177 springer, a FWB 124. While this gun is accurate and powerful I prefer the Sheridan. There is now a wide selection of pellets to choose for different applications.
    Pete

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast