Thread: Metal Detecting Stories

Talking Metal Detecting Stories

Hello all...

Just curious if anyone has any stories of MD finds, tips, tricks, anything like that? I've recently purchased a Whites MXT 300 and hope to do some gold detecting and maybe sweep some parks/beaches, etc. Also, any advice on where to go, what to look for, regarding gold detecting. Not looking for your your secret areas or claims, just ideas on where to spend a few hours out with the wife and kids detecting. I'm in teh Fairbanks area

Thanks to anyone who responds to this

Talking

No but I do have a story about a Nude Panning club in Valdez.. lol
    The best way to change someones mind is with a ROCK!!

Dig everything. That's my story. If I find a good spot the first time I dig every signal. That way when I got back in a couple of years most of the trash is already gone. I've got some school yards in southeast that no one else ever detects. I made my second sweep of them last summer and did very well. Not nearly as much trash as the first time around.

come ppls!!
    after cruising this prospecting section for the better part of 2 hours in the dead of march, throw a guy a bone here already! i need a story dammit! I'm ready to go start thawing gravel in the drive way and panning it! i have such gold fever after reading some of these threads lol. Like fishnMan says, we're not asking for lat/longs we just want some juicy tales to chew on. I have the old lady so sore she can't hardly sit down so I need something else to occupy my March like some dreams of gold....FEED ME!

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    come ppls!!
    after cruising this prospecting section for the better part of 2 hours in the dead of march, throw a guy a bone here already! i need a story dammit! I'm ready to go start thawing gravel in the drive way and panning it! i have such gold fever after reading some of these threads lol. Like fishnMan says, we're not asking for lat/longs we just want some juicy tales to chew on. I have the old lady so sore she can't hardly sit down so I need something else to occupy my March like some dreams of gold....FEED ME!
    I meant come *on people not com.... i couldn't figure out how to edit it so I had to post again hmm...