Thread: North Fork Koyukuk

Default North Fork Koyukuk

I get a hint, that I should post this question also in the Hunting Forum:

Hello to all

My name is Stefan, I am living in Switzerland and I dream every day to go back to your beatiful country and explore new rivers. I visited Alaska 2 times, and it will be my third time this July. I planned to paddle the Beaver Creek with a friend of mine again, until I read the book "Alaska wilderness" of Robert Marshall. Now I really try to reschedule our trip to follow the traces of Robert Marshall on the NF Koyukuk from Bombardment Creek to Bettles with an Ally. Because planning a trip in Alaska from Switzerland is a little bit difficult, I hope someone in this forum can help me. I have several questions;

- is it possible to land on a gravel bar at Bombardment Creek or Ernie Creek?
    - If yes, can you suggest a pilot?
    - Better start to from Wiseman/Coldfoot or Bettles?
    - Are 12 days for travelling worth the money?

I really hope, someone can help me. I am very sorry about my english, I hope you can understand what I mean.

Best regards,

Stefan

Default Answers to all your questions.

You should contact Go North Travel in Fairbanks. The owner is Swiss and an expert in the area.

http://www.paratours.net/

Tell them Stephen sent you.

Hi

Thank you for the hint....Swiss are everywhere....!

Regards,

Stefan

This is a remote area that I would assume isn't hunted by a lot of non-local hunters as it is a fairly exclusive permit area, although I know some guys on this forum have been up there. Good luck with your trip planning.

Tim