Thread: 2008 King Salmon limits for SE released

Default 2008 King Salmon limits for SE released

My NewsBot picked this one up today... I won't make jokes about whether they mean total length or fork length.

-Case

ALASKA DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME
    Denby S. Lloyd, Commissioner

DIVISION OF SPORT FISH
    Charles O. Swanton, Director

Regional Management Coordinator
    (907) 747-5551

April 8, 2008

SOUTHEAST ALASKA KING SALMON SPORT FISHING REGULATIONS FOR 2008

Juneau-
    The Alaska Department of Fish and Game is announcing today the 2008 sport fishing bag and possession limits for king salmon in Southeast Alaska and Yakutat which will become effective 12:01 A.M. April 9, 2008. The regulations are:

- The bag and possession limit for king salmon is 1 fish 20 inches or greater in length for all anglers.

- Nonresident harvest limit:
    * From January 1 through June 30, a nonresident's harvest limit is three king salmon, 28 inches or greater in length;
    * From July 1 through July 15, a nonresident's harvest limit is two king salmon, 28 inches or greater in length, and any king salmon 28 inches or greater in length harvested by the nonresident from January 1 through June 30 will apply toward the two fish harvest limit;
    * From July 16 through December 31, a nonresident's harvest limit is one king salmon, 28 inches or greater in length, and any king salmon 28 inches or greater in length harvested by the nonresident from January 1 through July 15 will apply toward the one fish harvest limit;
    * Nonresident anglers must record all king salmon harvested, in ink, either on the back of their sport fishing license, or on a nontransferable harvest record immediately.

- From May 1 through June 30 the maximum number of lines that may be fished from a charter vessel engaged in sport fishing charter activities is four lines;

- From August 1 through September 30, the retention of king salmon less than 48 inches in length is prohibited by resident and nonresident anglers, except that from August 15 through August 25, an angler is allowed a bag and possession limit of one king salmon 28 inches or greater in length, in the following areas (see map): [Editor's Note: Map omitted due to illegible graphic.]
    * Lynn Canal north of a line from Point Couverden to Point Lizard Head to a line from Point Bridget to Point Whidby;
    * Taku Inlet west of a line from Cooper Point to Greely Point;
    * Stephens Passage north of a line from Gwen Point to Point Styleman.
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hahah I posted it too! but I beat you!