Thread: S&W 460 rumor

Default S&W 460 rumor

I read somewhere on this forum they have stopped production of the 460 so I emailed S&W customer support and here is the reply:

RE: 460 production‏From:Valenze, David (dvalenze@smith-wesson.com)Sent:Tue 4/08/08 1:37 PMTo:
    Hello,

I am unaware of any plans to discontinue production for the Model 460.

Regards,

Dave

Probably just an Internet rumor due to that guy splitting his thumb with the cylinder gap blast ...but that's normal for revolvers, both weak and strong.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by tananaBrian View Post
    Probably just an Internet rumor due to that guy splitting his thumb with the cylinder gap blast ...but that's normal for revolvers, both weak and strong.

Brian
    "Stupid is, as stupid does" Forest Gump
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default Maybe just ignorant

I am glad I have never cut myself with the cylinder gap blast. I thought the story was fake until I kept seeing it posted everywhere. I had no idea that was a danger and I have been shooting revolvers for over twenty years. Have had a 454 casull for 5 years. My Dad taught me to loosely wrap one hand over the other and that is how I have always shot two handed.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".