Thread: Wet kisses to all who love my kind

Default Wet kisses to all who love my kind

This is Abbie, my wife's dog. I am baby-sitting her this week while my wife and son are visiting the grandparents. Used a Rebel XT and Tamron lens at 17mm.

Default Here is another from today

Her eyes were locked on the snack I had by the camera. I asked her to sit, and she does when she thinks that she will get a reward.

I dig em - Nice looking dog too!

Default Get a good even angle...

& that would be even a BETTER shot...

The title caught my attention. Was hoping for a hot babe in a fur thong!

I got the fur right.

Those are Great shots ...love the lighting!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Thanks, Tull777

I took this one today, by the same area I took the ones above yesterday. It seems to be a sort of cone (pine cone) from a tamarack tree. The tree is perhaps 8' tall, and the cones are barely 1/4" across the top. Used a 200mm Canon L prime, with a kenko tube to get closer, and framed it with PSE6 to blend the rest of the picture.

Default Another one I took today

Really nice shots Ray! kenko tubes are next on my list. I have a Canon 100mm Macro and would like to get a little closer to the subject. Cant wait to try them out. Keep up the good work!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    Really nice shots Ray! kenko tubes are next on my list. I have a Canon 100mm Macro and would like to get a little closer to the subject. Cant wait to try them out. Keep up the good work!
    I have both Kenko extension tubes, and Kenko Pro DG 1.4x teleconverter. I haven't had the chance to try the teleconverter now, but will do so with a 200mm f/2.8L prime. This should stretch the 200mm quite a lot on a 1.6x cropped sensor. This is a very nice prime, although it may not be weather sealed like the more expensive ones, but for under $700.00 I could not pass a new "L" lens.

Your macro lens should get you real close by itself, but right to the front glass with extension tubes.

Thumbs up

I think the angle is fantastic and very creative and her eyes look like glowing embers set against his black hair. The contrast between the snow and the lab and the lab and her eyes really comes off great.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperrick View Post
    I think the angle is fantastic and very creative and her eyes look like glowing embers set against his black hair. The contrast between the snow and the lab and the lab and her eyes really comes off great.
    Thanks, Tarpperrick

She does have amber color eyes. I have noticed that with a lot of black-color labs. She is a Rott./Lab mix, but the lab side takes over. She is very friendly to anyone she sees, but barks a little at other dogs. I would like her to bark at people like a guard dog, but she will never be that. All she wants to do is to make friends with people she sees. We had another dog we had to put down, and she was a Lab/Pitt Bull mix. She was very protective of my wife and the home, including the front and backyard. She was quite grumpy toward estrangers. This one is a complete opposite of the old dog.

Default Another photo

Really nice photo's Ray. Agree with other's on your lab/rot mix. But the landscape and macro, great shots.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter338 View Post
    Really nice photo's Ray. Agree with other's on your lab/rot mix. But the landscape and macro, great shots.

Thanks, Shooter338.

Just took a few like this one this afternoon. It was nice and sunny for a change. Those are hare tracks in the foreground, at least I believe they are because my wife's dog saw a "wabit" and started chasing after it, just when we passed the tracks I thought she was gone for a minute or two, but she came back when I screamed at her.

But this one is nicer, I believe. Took it yesterday when the sun came out for an hour or two.