Thread: Big Agnes Tents

Default Big Agnes Tents

I posted a few weeks ago a question about REI tents. Have not purchased yet, and was looking at the Big Agnes parkview tent this past week. Anybody have any experience with this? Seems like a very roomy 3 person tent, great vestibule sizes, and is just a tad over 7 pounds. Wondering if anybody has experience with these in the Alaska weather. Thanks in advance.

Default Big Agnes Tent

I recently purchased a emerald mountain SL 3 Big Agnes tent a couple months ago. Also got the extended vestibule. Its 44 sq ft. for the tent and over 40 sq ft. of vestibule all just a tad over 6 pounds. Its lighter and has more room both vesitbule and tent space wise than the parkview. Also purchased a Big Agnes seedhouse SL 2 for solo hunts as well. Set them both up in my garage and seem quality but I plan to test them out for real in the near future. I'll let ya know how they work out.

What better way to test a tent than a wet spring bear hunt?

Thumbs up tent

check out the Sierra Designs Anteres 2 and 3. Bought the [3] from REI a couple weeks ago, and stayed in it for 4 days. 2 of the days had 40-50 mph winds. Solid, no problem. I like the dual vestibules also. Tons of room and some nice extra fetures.

Woke up the last day to 4" of snow on top of it. No sagging or problems there either. Very happy with it.

Al

All right, all right. I'm probably going to go with the REI hoodoo now instead. The main reason being that this will be primarily an occasional camp tent for me and my kids, and the wife on occasion too, and they are on sale right now at REI for $169 (down from $250). With REI's guarantee and that price, I can't really beat it.

Will let you know at some point in the future how it holds up.

Default Haha

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    What better way to test a tent than a wet spring bear hunt?
    True but I'm thinking the Arctic Oven will be slightly more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    True but I'm thinking the Arctic Oven will be slightly more comfortable.
    I should have put Black bear I was thinking about one to hike into Hunter creek with. Yeah I know lets get you a monster brownie first

Default Oh so clear now

Hunter Creek black bear trip would be a good test. We'll have to head up that way for sure.