Thread: Got back from Homer area bear hunt

Default Got back from Homer area bear hunt

I just got back home last night from a black bear hunt out of Homer. Out of 7 hunter we got 5 bears, the 2 hunters saw plenty of bears they just chose not to shoot or missed. We saw 8-10 bears every day and had a great time, we went appx 40 miles south of Homer and experienced rain and snow the entire trip.

We went out with Ninilchik charters, Mike Flores the owner is a friend of mine after going out with him for a while now and I would highly recommend his services. I will be fishing with him again for Halibut in July.

I will be posting photos on my website shortly and will post the address here.

BTW- You will be able to see the hunt on Hunting Across America on the outdoor channel in october

Doug

Congrats on the hunt. Let's see some pics.

Default Bear hunt pick

I just posted a few pics on my website.

http://www.biggamehuntinggear.com/Sp...unt%202006.htm

More to come,

Doug

Thumbs up Question for Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dwhunter
    I just posted a few pics on my website.

http://www.biggamehuntinggear.com/Sp...unt%202006.htm

More to come,

Doug
    Doug,

I noticed some links to PVA on your website. Are you connected to that organization?

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Bear hunt

Michael,

I run the hunting program for the organization as well as sponsorships for the PVA Heritage fund.

Doug

Default Good deal!

Glad to hear it! I work for Alaska Airlines, and we're helping to sponsor the Wheelchair Games up here in Anchorage this summer. Will you be here for that too? If so, look me up!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Bear hunt

Michael,

Count on it! I will be arriving on the 1st of July with counrty singer Luke Stricklin and we will be in town until the night of the 4th, we then leave for Soldotna and I will be there until around the 12th.

I am pretty sure we will be at the Hilton but I will know this week for sure and I will pass it on and in a private email I will send you my mobile number, I would love to connect and talk a little hunting about my second home Alaska. I have been trying to open up hunting and fishing opportunities for my wheelchair guys in Alaska for about 5 years now to be able to share all that I love and miss when I am not in state. For most all of these guys Alaska is a dream that might never happen otherwise.

It seems we already have quite a crowd showing up, 2 days ago a buddy and I were in the Anchorage Harley shop and because of Luke the girls there are going to come out and meet him while we are there!

Doug

Talking Glad to see you're back

Doug ,glad the trip was safe and succesful. I am anticipating my trip next May . I am already to send Mike my Deposit.

Shayne

Default Bear hunt

Shayne,

It is definitely a trip worth the anticipation! All of us had a great time and most everyone joined on for another go round next spring. A couple of us are going to take our boys for their first bear, according to Alaska standards it is a very econominal hunt and definitely a hunt where you can spend plenty of quality time with a son or daughter.

I have 2 boats booked again

Doug