Thread: Eiders

Default Eiders

I just joined your forum (sponsor on the 'Fuge) and wanted to say "hi" and to ask for some information. I am an avian taxidermist out of Arizona and have been up to Alaska on two previous occasions hunting seaducks and have had a great time; first time was to Seldovia and this past fall out of Whittier.

I am looking for any information on locations/guides for eiders. I am looking for mainly the Pacific eider as well as a possible king. If possible, please point me in the general direction. Thank you for your time and assistance.

alaska trophy adventures

I don't know anything about them, but they have been around for a long time. Island X sounds like fun, sort of.

Ray;

Thank you for your post and yes, Island X does sound fun but I noticed that he doesn't mention anything about Pacific eiders....

He does get Pacifics out there occasionally, but they are few. Mostly just kings. My duck hunting partner has been out there 3 or 4 times- no Pacifics.

Sako1

We sold a pup from the last litter to a gentleman in Elim AK. He said they have Eiders there. He's going to scout the best hunt sites this year and let us know.

Thank you Sako1 for the information...do they see the scoters and old squaw out there also?

LastFrontierLabs...Thank you too for the info...

I was taking to some people yesterday from Adak and they are looking into the guide situation as well as trying to see if both eiders are available out that far. I'll post up if I hear anything. Thank you all for your help.

DesterWings- I just sent a message to my friend who went to island x three times- he will likely get back to me tomorrow regarding the scoter and oldsquaw.

In regard to Island x and scoter/oldsquaw, he said that:

Old squaw and white wing scoters are plentiful but are offshore and you need decent weather to have at them in their boats over decoys.

A question for you- Are you considering going to Adak and is anybody waterfowl guiding out there you know of? You should be able to get into Pacifics out there I would think.

Default Eiders out at Old Harbor, Kodiak

There was an outfit that is a member here, with a booth at the Sportsman's Show last weeked that had pictures of Eiders and other sea ducks that they get. I think is was Pederson? Can't quiet remember will do a search and re-post.