Thread: Riding The peninsula

Default Riding The peninsula

Im Looking to buy land out on the Kenai peninsula, somewhere around anchor point or Ninilchik i was just curious if what kind of riding is in the area or in comparison to say Trapper Creek/Petersville area.

The land in that area is good riding. Lots of trees, rolling hills, and some real nice bowls. Very popular area called...Caribou Hills.

Default Snowmobiling

I just bought a house 5 miles north of Anchor Point and in talking with some of the neighbors, have been told that there are hundreds of miles of snowmobile trails in the area. I'm still in Wyoming and won't get moved up until the first of June so won't be able to find out first hand until next winter.

Default Caribou Hills map

Default Great riding!

Yes, there are lots of trails. These trails are maintained primarily by the Caribou Hills Cabin Hoppers snowmachine club. If you're going to ride them, I would strongly suggest joining the club to help pay for the privilege of having this trail network available. It's taken a lot of hard work by the CHCH to establish and maintain this trail system.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by coby View Post
    Im Looking to buy land out on the Kenai peninsula, somewhere around anchor point or Ninilchik i was just curious if what kind of riding is in the area or in comparison to say Trapper Creek/Petersville area.
    I can't compare to Petersville area, but the Caribou Hills offer great riding. I am pretty sure this will be my last weekend of riding though You should also check out the Snomads website http://www.homersnomads.org/