Thread: First kill!

Default First kill!

Well my very first time firing my new 12 guage pedersoli accounted for this little guy. Flattened him right out. 70 grains of powder and shot. 20 yard shot in super thick willows. Could just barely make out the outline.

Congrats Matt! Black powder shotgunning is a blast! One small favor next time "First harvest" PETA is watching! (ya it sucks but we don't want our words used against us and I would have much rather not mentioned it, sorry!)
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Good going Matt! Hey, I think I was shooting next to you at Rabbit Creek on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    Congrats Matt! Black powder shotgunning is a blast! One small favor next time "First harvest" PETA is watching! (ya it sucks but we don't want our words used against us and I would have much rather not mentioned it, sorry!)
    You're kidding, right?

Yeah I was there saturday shooting the muzzleloaders. Forgot the shot for the shotgun though, but patterning it out on sunday on this rabbit, seemed to do just fine.

Wether I use the word harvest or kill PETA will always say I killed something. I do understand that tact is needed here and there. But Im not going to go overboard with it.

Youll notice on just about every pic I post, gore is kept to a minimum. Thats what I do to keep it clean. They cant twist our photos, just our words.

Man, that gun looks familiar Congrats Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    We must not curtail our speech to abide by the bleeding-heart PETA members' version of what is ok to write and what isn't. Political correctness is above and beyond ridiculous these days and I for one will not participate in such collaberation. They don't worry about what we say so why should we worry about them?

Let them vent, nobody listens to them anyway..

Thumbs up

Awesome!

That pic gets me fired up to go do some smokepole shootin...and small game killin!

Thanks for posting, Matt.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Flintlock View Post
    We must not curtail our speech to abide by the bleeding-heart PETA members' version of what is ok to write and what isn't. Political correctness is above and beyond ridiculous these days and I for one will not participate in such collaberation. They don't worry about what we say so why should we worry about them?

Let them vent, nobody listens to them anyway..
    I concur, if we shutdown the starbucks and tofu stores we can starve those folks out real quick like.

Matt, nice one, looks like some good eats!! People Eating Tasty Animals supports this traditional black powder kill. How do you plan on cooking it up?

Cheers
    Phil

Default P.E.T.A. Member Here

I am a gun owner and a hunter and a proud member of PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals

Yeah, that was a hard earned rabbit.

Madman, in the cooking sub forum, I posted a curry recipe that I like to do the rabbits in.

Default great

My wife is a curry addict, I will give it a try as soon as I get my first bunny. Thanks for the posts.

Cheers

Phil

Thumbs up

Way to go!