Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let it SNOW!

Talking Let it SNOW!

Man, this was just a GREAT last shot of snow! I had to trade in the backcountry sticks for my resort skis today, as my friend who runs the patrol up at Alpenglow called me last night and twisted my arm. It was fantastic! Fresh snow all morning, and then once they opened the lift and high traverse up, it was just unreal. We had a little pocket about 2/3 of the way around the high traverse that nobody else was hitting. I literally did not cross a single track on my last five runs. Man, was a great way to end winter! I'll still be backcountry skiing well into June, but this was among the finest, driest snow I skied all year, and I suspect the last dry powder of the year. What a day!

Glad you had fun. Now get over hear to my house and shovel my walk Seriously, that kind of skiing is great, I am sorry that I had some math masters program stuff to attend to. Otherwise, I'd probably still be skiing it.....

Ha! Yeah, I'll get to it right after I shovel my own place. But alas, there are more pressing matters. I'm hoping to hit Peak 3 sometime later this week, as apparently the south side of town got even more snow than us northern edge folks. I love summer, but I sure don't mind a lingering winter!

I thought I saw you up there. That was maybe the best day of the year. Awesome light fluffly snow. We must all be living right or something.........cause how does fluffy snow happen in April??? Next weekend is the last weekend...........maybe we'll get lucky again.

I was looking for you, but didn't notice you in the midst of copious face shots.

Man, what a day!

I hate all of you...

I got a bad bone bruise on my leg a couple weeks ago up there and the doctors told me to take it easy otherwise I would have been up there first thing in the morning and skiing till 5:30.

How were the crowds?

Here is a pic of my skiing partner for the morning, Andy Sullivan. Note the snow that turned to smoke as soon as the skis cut through it. This was truly phenomenal snow!

Here is a pic of the pitch over on high traverse where we got untracked run after untracked run. I'm pretty certain that Andy and I were the only two to ski this run for the first hour after the chair opened, as every single time all we had to do was move over 5 feet for another untracked line. Amazing!

Yep, I still hate you....

Default All this SNOW!!

Man alpenglow is going to be HOT this weekend again. I can not wait.

Red face

**** this global warming!! they outa tax the little guy with the automobile that he drives to work with a $ penalty that is causing it, maybe make him get a emissions test to prove this global warming isnt comming from his vehicle!

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Heading up to South Fork (Hiland Road) Eagle River tonight, and then Peak 3 tomorrow afternoon. I LOVE SNOW!!!

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*
    *))

reminds me of this thread on here i was reading about a guy comming to visit alaska this week and asking what to do, so his wife and son could be convinced to move here.. wish i could find that thread, i would like to hear the outcome of it.. hehehe he said his wife hates the cold.. i dont think snow in april will help.

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    reminds me of this thread on here i was reading about a guy comming to visit alaska this week and asking what to do, so his wife and son could be convinced to move here.. wish i could find that thread, i would like to hear the outcome of it.. hehehe he said his wife hates the cold.. i dont think snow in april will help.

Ray
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=27046

you mean this one? Who knows fresh snow is easier to sell than break-up.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Please remove this thread from the forum; for once "Let it Snow," is working. Why didn't you post this in November? It is now time to take boats out, start the garden, swat those darn mosquitoes, and drink a cold one outside (maybe even without a coat). How dare you make this happen

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    It is now time to take boats out, start the garden, swat those darn mosquitoes, and drink a cold one outside (maybe even without a coat).
    No, no, no....it is now time to climb snow-covered peaks, sit at the summit and bask in the long daylight, ski down through untracked spring snow, sit in some snowchairs at the bottom while drinking a cold one (maybe even without a coat), and then repeat the process again. The gardens will still be ready to plant in a month, the fish will still come, and the ocean will still be wet. For now, though, LET IT SNOW!!!

Sick shots!! I hate you too....

Is Andy wearing an Avalung?

Killin' it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Is Andy wearing an Avalung?
    Not that I know of. He has his patroller pack on, so you may be seeing a strap from that. I'll ask him tomorrow, though.

From a guy to broke up to sky anymore, Powder, You Just Got To Love It!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

According to the papes Glen Alps got 11.0" yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by hotdiggity View Post
    According to the papes Glen Alps got 11.0" yesterday...
    That was not what I needed to hear.

I was stymied today by multiple meetings after work. By the time I got out of the building, the clouds had closed in around the mountains (at least from my view) and my partner had backed out. I considered going up Peak 3 solo, but it's just not worth the risk, however minimal it might be.

Tomorrow afternoon up Harp Mountain. Or...at least that's the plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast