Thread: Windshield

Default Windshield

Can anyone recommend a local business who can make me a plexiglass windshield for my center console jon boat?
    The console measures 18in wide with 8 in returns on side
    Thanks

I have used Lowes or Home Depot, they will cut it for you and they have several different thicknesses to choose from.

You don't want plexi it shatters.
    I made windshields for the Mokai.
    PM me I will send you pictures.

Default windsheild

There is a place in the valley on the palmer wasilla hwy. They are mile 1.3. They are called Baisin Street Auto Glass. He can fix you right up, his name is Tom.

Might want too check out CAC Plastics as well. You can get the stuff to DIY or have it done there.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

hey jess i got a ford pickup door window you can have if you want to make that into a windshield for it..

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Default Consider

Plexiglass scratches, turns cloudy, and cracks. Consider Lexan as an alternative. It is more scratch resistant,stays clear for years in the sun, and is used on Nascar cars for windscreens, it's very impact resistant.
    Yep it's more expensive, but worth it !! But, it's your boat.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

CAC was way to spendy 85 bucks 3/4 HDPE 8 foot long we got the same thing in Anchorage for $1.85 foot will never buy from them again.

Alaskamokaiman can help you make yours and save you lots of bucks, he made the windshields for my Mokais and they are great.

Call him 745-2636 he is boat crazy I bet he would help you without charging you labor, you pay for material.

He likes Porter.

RASE

Default thanks

Hey guys thanks for the response, Got with Andy last night and whipped a windshield up. Thanks Andy, you are pretty motivational to say the least,
    I think it turned out really nice, tell your friend with the break thank you also.

Glad we could help. Sorry it cost so much, but it is a boat.

Cool mokai windshields made easy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JessMan View Post
    Hey guys thanks for the response, Got with Andy last night and whipped a windshield up. Thanks Andy, you are pretty motivational to say the least,
    I think it turned out really nice, tell your friend with the break thank you also.
    tnqr has made his own windshields as well with locally purchased materials, made one for each of my mokai's for less than 150 $$$. They fit inside the boats for storage and while shorter than Andy's protect you from 75% of the bow spray, you can also paddle easily when installed. Feel free to contact me for other MOKAI tricks!!!

love to see a picture of the mokai windshield. thebureau@hawaii.rr.com