Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Last day to save $50.00 on deshka launch pass

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Big Lake, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    117

    Default Last day to save $50.00 on deshka launch pass

    I thought I'd remind you all that today is the last day to get your early bird special on the seasonal launch pass. Got mine yesterday. You have to make the drive to get it. The are not at the sportsman's show this year. Lady at the counter up there said they also made some improvements to the launch. Like that log wall on the one side is removed and its now 3 lanes on the ramp.

  2. #2
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    if you can't make the drive you can also call the landing with a CC#.......495-3374
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  3. #3

    Default

    With fuel prices, they are not going to get my business this year. I will miss them.

  4. #4
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default Kings Only

    I only fished for Kings on the river system last year.

    Plus with the issues I had with the Deska Landing Board's attempt to ban me from the launch, they won't get any money from me this summer.

    I'll save it for the salt water.

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    284

    Default Landing

    Quote Originally Posted by FSHKLR View Post
    I thought I'd remind you all that today is the last day to get your early bird special on the seasonal launch pass. Got mine yesterday. You have to make the drive to get it. The are not at the sportsman's show this year. Lady at the counter up there said they also made some improvements to the launch. Like that log wall on the one side is removed and its now 3 lanes on the ramp.
    They did remove the log wall but did they dredge out the end of the channel? And for people that live or have property in the township that fence is a pain.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkGrumpy View Post
    They did remove the log wall but did they dredge out the end of the channel? And for people that live or have property in the township that fence is a pain.
    Yep, they did dredge out the marina. Take a look at the pics on their website, deshkalanding.com and you can see the water level. The photos were taken in October. Notice the shallow channel of the Susitna? The fence was part of an improved physcial security plan, that sorta helps ensure patrons boats and equipment are found the way they left 'em. Not foolproof, but it is an improvement none the less.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    284

    Default Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Yep, they did dredge out the marina. Take a look at the pics on their website, deshkalanding.com and you can see the water level. The photos were taken in October. Notice the shallow channel of the Susitna? The fence was part of an improved physcial security plan, that sorta helps ensure patrons boats and equipment are found the way they left 'em. Not foolproof, but it is an improvement none the less.
    Well I understand the fence was to ensure everyone from houses in townsite was paying full rate. And for those of us that always pay it really is a pain to launch snowmachine....really dreading this summer and trying to launch my boat. Then have to drive back through 2 gates, then as they have it right now I have to walk all the way back to main gate to get back to the launch to get in my boat.

  8. #8
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default how about

    Quote Originally Posted by AkGrumpy View Post
    Well I understand the fence was to ensure everyone from houses in townsite was paying full rate. And for those of us that always pay it really is a pain to launch snowmachine....really dreading this summer and trying to launch my boat. Then have to drive back through 2 gates, then as they have it right now I have to walk all the way back to main gate to get back to the launch to get in my boat.
    supporting a boat launch at the willow?

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Member Dupont Spinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkGrumpy View Post
    Well I understand the fence was to ensure everyone from houses in townsite was paying full rate. And for those of us that always pay it really is a pain to launch snowmachine....really dreading this summer and trying to launch my boat. Then have to drive back through 2 gates, then as they have it right now I have to walk all the way back to main gate to get back to the launch to get in my boat.
    AkGrumpy,
    I personally hate the fence, but I also understand that due to complaints from BOTH sides, townsite and DLOA, that something had to be done to cull out those bad apples who were not following the rules. A lock keeps an honest person....Honest.
    The other thing is that you are not required to go all the way to the main entrance and do the 180* to get back in. As I understand it you will have access thru the gate near Ron's place.

    Last but not least is I am running for the board this May, again. If you want my full pitch let me know. My minor pitch is I want to see DLOA continue making forward progress. Owner/members need to realize that this is a business and that we need to keep making improvements to better our bottom line(customer service). I know that DLOA lost a good percentage of money over the winter. I just have not got the firm numbers of how much....yet. I have the time to invest in moving DLOA forward. I am willing to take up the issues of the owner/members and keep this board in favor of the majority.

    Last year we had changes to our bylaws and all were tabled. When the board operated under the old rules O/M's didn't like the way the monies were spent. Things need to change and we need better operating rules. The board makes the decisions and I believe O/M's need to weigh-in more often then once a year.

    John

    John

  10. #10
    Member akriverunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    wasilla
    Posts
    506

    Default willow creek boat launch

    sure wish the state would put a boat launch in at willow creek. its hard to get in and out of the deshka landing during king season and now its going to be even worse with that fence they put in. ive heard alot of people that are upset with what the landing has done.

  11. #11
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default I Agree

    Quote Originally Posted by akriverunner View Post
    sure wish the state would put a boat launch in at willow creek. its hard to get in and out of the deshka landing during king season and now its going to be even worse with that fence they put in. ive heard alot of people that are upset with what the landing has done.
    A little competition for DLOA would be good. Maybe a little cheaper too. I still think DLOA had their hand in canceling the funding for the Willow launch a few years ago. Smart move, buy it put a soar taste in some of us.

    All the services in the world are OK so long as you can afford the one thing you are after and that is to launch your boat. I can get groceries, fishing gear etc., in Wasilla.

    I simply want a no hassle, low cost means of launching my boat in the Sue. I used to stay at DLOA and park my camper in their parking lot, but now I either stay at the Willow or bring a tent and stay on the river somewhere. DOLA could be a lot better toward customer service and John I would have to agree with you.

    John, if you are running I hope you are taking heed here.

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  12. #12
    Member Dupont Spinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chugiak
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    Yes I am reading and listening.

    I am running, my name is already in.

    Thanks

  13. #13
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default Letters

    Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Yes I am reading and listening.

    I am running, my name is already in.

    Thanks
    I sent you some letters last night for your reading pleasure. FYI, the DLOA board never called me to discuss nor did they invite my wife or I to their meeting.

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    284

    Default More reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Yes I am reading and listening.

    I am running, my name is already in.

    Thanks
    I have some things I am going to send you tonight when I get home too. My be some of the same stuff AKBassKing sent.

  15. #15
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AkGrumpy View Post
    I have some things I am going to send you tonight when I get home too. My be some of the same stuff AKBassKing sent.
    Sent you a PM

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Big Lake, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    117

    Default Fence?

    What is this second fence you guys are talking about? There is another fence once you get inside the main gate? Please explain this to me. I was up there to get a launch pass but I didn't have a look around.

  17. #17
    Member CaptNemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    76

    Default Second fence

    You only have to deal with the inside fence to get to long term storage or into the townsite, not if your just parking your truck and launching the boat.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Big Lake, Alaska, United States
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Ahh thank you very much.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •