Thread: Nosler 48

Default Nosler 48

These look great. What can you men tell me about-em.
    http://www.nosler.com/index.php?p=1&bullet=18

The timbered version
    http://www.gunsandammomag.com/long_g...205/index.html

I have one, the sporter version chambered in 325WSM. Pretty nice for an off the shelf rifle (IMHO, it is difficult to find its equal with similar custom features). Proprietary push-feed action, Sako style extractor, Timney trigger, left-side bolt release, 3-position safety, Cerakote exterior and Microslick internals, fully free-floated PacNor barrel, Blackburn style bottom metal, excellent synthetic stock (not sure looks like it is either a Bansner High Tech or Borden Rimrock). Fit and finish is impeccable. Seems to function well. Haven't had it in the hunting fields, range use so far. Nosler accuracy guarantee is 3 rounds .75 MOA with Nosler Premium ammo. I'll tell you, mine surpasses that standard with Winchester 200gr Accubond factory. I'm still developing loads; this rifle shows some excellent potential, I think with a precision handload it could be a consistent .5MOA performer. Yes, it is expensive. If you were to try to get one built with the similar components and specs it wouldn't come in much cheaper and you would wait a minimum of six months. That being said, I may move mine on to fund a custom tactical rig. The Nosler is one rifle I would hate to part with, but, it is what it is, and I don't get emotionally attached to synthetic hunting rifles. 340WBY if you, or anyone else for that matter, want to buy, let me know. My standard terms apply.
    Last edited by Timber Smith; 04-06-2008 at 13:13. Reason: Additional comment

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII