Thread: Federal Gold Medal Match Primers

Default Federal Gold Medal Match Primers

Did some handloading shopping today and found out that everyone is out of Federal Gold Medal Match Primers 215M. If anyone has any extra they would be willing to sell, I would gladly send you a money order or certified check.

Thanks,

Mark

Lester has them in stock. http://www.brunoshooters.com/ He just commented a day ago in a reply that he has them in stock. You might want to give him a call.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Thanks Big Al, I'll give him a call. I appreciate it.

Default 215M primers

If you are in the Anchorage area, have you checked at Great Northern Guns?

Default gm215m

anyone know where to get them in anc.??????

In my closet

I could have swore SW in Anc had some when I went in there on Thursday. Since I'm stock piled up I only looked for CCI 300 and CCI 500 primers. Whenever I go into SW there seems to be some kind of action. First there's a 10 year old or so girl that is gushing bloodfrom the head by the safes, then a week later they catch a shop lifter.

Default sw in anc

i tried sw in anc on sat.....no gm215m. any other ideas...besides some dudes closet

I tried Bruno's and they had no Fed Gold Medal Primers, they had some Remington's and a very few CCI's

They must have went fast. I just saw Lester's post three or four days ago on Benchrest Central.com. Oh well, do you want me to PM you with a list of links to try?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Sure, but they (and the local guys) said everyone is out til Aug. But I'll check out any possibillites. Which Brings up a good question, what's your opinion on quality of primers?

I don't shoot CCI! My first choice is WINCHESTER, unless I have something special that I need Federal for. I still have around 7 of more cases of Federal so I'm not in the need for more. I can not use Remington as do to the high anvil,they just will not run through my Dillion RL 1000s. Great primers, but I have to hand seat them to use them.

I wish someone had the Wolf primers here in the state, I'd love to try them.

I think I can get some winchester primers, why not CCI?

The only failures to fire I've had were with CCI. Once bitten, twice shy. There is just something about trust. Once you loose trust in a product, it's hard to spend money on it twice.

I used to always use CCI primers but have recently switched to Federals because they say match on them. Yes I am a sucker sometimes.

I have never had one of my loads not go bang. The only factory centerfire ammo I had not go bang was some cheap 223 ammo in a bolt action 223 and one 308 winchester round from a box of winchester 308 that was 30+ years old.

----

There is a bunch of discussions about primer availability on 24 hour campfire forums. Sounds like a few there will switch from Federal to CCI as the CCI are more available and Federal may be a bit spotty for a while. The thread is called "primer supply again" in the ask the gunwriters forum.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Primers

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    Did some handloading shopping today and found out that everyone is out of Federal Gold Medal Match Primers 215M. If anyone has any extra they would be willing to sell, I would gladly send you a money order or certified check.

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark, You can get them from Cabelas $31.99 per 1,000 drpepper in New Hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
    Mark, You can get them from Cabelas $31.99 per 1,000 drpepper in New Hampshire
    Thanks drpepper, I got some from the local Sportsman's Warehouse here about a month ago. They finally started showing up on the shelf.