Thread: Animal hides

Default Animal hides

My father in law passed away in Dec. and he left me his hides. I have a arctic fox, beaver, and a wolverine that are just the tan hides. Then I have a brown bear rug with the felt under it and the skull and a lynx done the same way. My question is if I wanted to (which I don't) could I sell them? He shot the brown bear but I think everything else was bought. Also how much do you think all these furs are worth.

Quote Originally Posted by fozz View Post
    My father in law passed away in Dec. and he left me his hides. I have a arctic fox, beaver, and a wolverine that are just the tan hides. Then I have a brown bear rug with the felt under it and the skull and a lynx done the same way. My question is if I wanted to (which I don't) could I sell them? He shot the brown bear but I think everything else was bought. Also how much do you think all these furs are worth.
    You would need to give measurements and pictures to get a more accurate estimate. Brown Bear can't be sold in alaska.
    Fox and Beaver under a $100 each, wolverine $375-500. Bear what ever you can get for it down in the lower 48.
    Check this forum out- those items sell on there often, do a search for each pelt to see past prices:

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/board,5.0.html

Default estate permit

you might be able to sell the bear...since it belonged to the deceased....the other stuff excluding any part of the bear...you can sell out right.
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"

What's the point in asking the question when you admit you don't want to sell any of the stuff?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default hides

The point is that I wanted to know how much they were worth. The bear and the lynx are my sons who is five, and the other stuff I was thinking of getting a hat or somthing made from them. If I wanted to sell them I would have posted on swap and sell. thanx