Thread: 660 & 700 Wheels Swap

Default 660 & 700 Wheels Swap

I got a set of bigger tires for Christmas and I mounted them on the rims off my Grizzly 660 to plow snow with. Today I switched the tires and wheels between the Grizzly 700 and the 660 as I intend to ride the 700 for the summer. The wheels bolted right up but the 700 had the front end locked up. Closer examination showed that the front wheels were bolted up snug against the brake calipers causing the wheels to be locked tight on the inside where they were pinned against the calipers. I bent my rotors on the 700 when I tightened the lug nuts down and I'll have to check that out tomorrow to see if I can straighten them. Long story short: the wheels will interchange from the 700 to the 660 but not the other way around. I was surprised by this as the wheels and tires are the same size and they are both Yamahas.

Bummer I have heard the 660 wheels won't work on a 700, but didn't know it would bend a rotor. If your looking in getting rid of a set of 660 wheels I would be interested. Send me an email cassidysplumbing@aol.com

I temporarily put my wheels back on the correct machines. I ordered a set of wheel spacers for the front of the 700 to shim them out and I'll be fine. I could have bought two new rims and switched the tires but this will work fine I think.

Good deal hope it works out for ya.