Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sika Mtn Gear

Default Sika Mtn Gear

Anybody know what is happening with this company? Everywhere I can find their gear on the internet it is in limited sizes and on closeout. I really liked the looks of it and it is one of the few lines of hunting cloths you can buy in non camo colors. Hope it is still going to be available. Roger

Several vendors post here and I have not seen anything from them about a supply problem. I would hazard to guess that since it is usually used in the fall hunting season that most southern companies (cabelas) won't be restocking it till later in the year. Go see Marc Taylor at Wiggys AK on old seward he had them in stock last time I was there. Barneys also carries them but they may not have them out untill the switch out of "ski" mode.

Default Sitka gear

Contact Mark at Wiggy's, I know he was ordering there gear.

Terry

Default Sitka

They are more than likely getting rid of access inventory as is most sporting good companies around this time to make room for the new stuff. Sitka has some new clothing that will be out in June.

I absolutely love my Sitka gear.
    Marc Theiler

Default growing pains

I have no "inside" info but think it's just growing pains.

I've also heard about their new 2008 line of product and that might likely be it...

Quote Originally Posted by birdrl View Post
    Anybody know what is happening with this company? Everywhere I can find their gear on the internet it is in limited sizes and on closeout. I really liked the looks of it and it is one of the few lines of hunting cloths you can buy in non camo colors. Hope it is still going to be available. Roger
    Sitka Gear has a bunch of new stuff coming out for 2008. I was told they would start shipping the stuff in May or so.

Default Agree with Matt ...

Here's part of email response from Sitka back in Feb:

"Our 2008 catalog will be available on April 1. We are currently in the
    final stages of design. IF you would like to send your mailing address, we
    would be happy to send you a copy when they become available."

"Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you. Thank
    you for choosing Sitka."

I noticed website still posted limited sizes/quantities yesterday.

Smile Sitka Gear

I have seen the all new redesigned Sitka Gear for 2008 and it is impressive. They are closing out all of their previous years items since everything has changed. Those of you who liked the mountain pant, I think are really going to like the new "Ascent" pant. They also have some new colors.

Here is the message I got from Sitka to the email I sent them requesting a catalog yesterday. I'll give them credit for the fast response!

LuJon-

We apologize for the miscommunication on our part our 2008 catalog will become available in the middle of May. We will send you one as soon as they become available.

Thank you for choosing Sitka

Default Catalog delay

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Here is the message I got from Sitka to the email I sent them requesting a catalog yesterday. I'll give them credit for the fast response!
    Looks like it'll be awhile longer. That explains there being no updates of online catalog too.

Found press releases about their new products - including added camo patterns and packs: http://www.montanatest.com/rating-re...php?result=143.
    I'll paste-in some of text. Might be good time to shop for discounts on the old stuff?

February 1, 2008 (Napa, Calif.) – Building on the award winning design of the Downpour Jacket and Pants in 2007, Sitka introduces... Nimbus Series of Waterproof, breathable raingear... designed for a full range of motion and are built for a full range of weather.

Nimbus Series: ... minimal exterior pockets to minimize weight and ... sleek design... performance at the forefront... 18 ounces per piece, the Nimbus Jacket and Pants can be easily stowed for those unexpected showers or all-day downpours. Built-in articulation in the elbows and knees, along with a new proprietary fabric with four-way stretch provides ultimate comfort and performance when worn over another jacket or several base layers. The new proprietary fabric in the Nimbus series maintains a high level of breathability. Engineered to keep the water and snow out your perspiration under control. The polyester face fabric with durable water repellency finish, results in a shell that is soft to the touch, quiet, and resistant to tears when moving through brush.

Sitka’s scrupulous attention to detail is evident in the Nimbus Series... jacket features Melco tape on the chest pockets for abrasion resistance. The TPU cuff tab at the wrists and TPU zipper pulls are easy to use with gloves. Pit zips and inner thigh zips allow the wearer to ventilate and dump heat during exertion. Both garments feature welded watertight zippers. A gusted crotch in the pants allows for comfort and range of motion. All seams are laser cut and micro-taped for strength and to keep the weather out.

Nimbus Jacket and Pants will be available in three camo patterns including Mothwing Mountain Mimicry, Mossy Oak Tree stand, and RealTree AP, as well as two solid colors, black and mineral. Sizing will run from small through 3XL and will include tall sizes. Jacket MSRP camo $349, solids $329. Pants MSRP $249, solids $229.

Sitka’s New Line Sets the Standard in Hunting Gear and Apparel January 21, 2008 (Napa, Calif.)

...new partnership with Polartec® resulted in Sitka’s new Core System and Traverse base layer lines. Using Polartec®’s odor resistant encapsulated silver technology, the base layers system provides the ultimate in moisture management and scent prevention.

The Core System uses Polartec® Power Dry® and includes a long sleeve zip-T, long sleeve top and bottom. The Traverse long sleeve zip shirt and bottoms use Polartec® Micro 100 for a superior warmth-to-weight ratio. Both Polartec fabrics designed to mechanically wick moisture away from the body leaving hard-core hunters dry and
    comfortable with minimized scent.

Also new is a cold weather, highly water-resistant soft shell fabric called Celsius. This performance-driven fabric is geared towards tree-stand or other still hunts and is incorporated into the new Celsius Series: a three-layer, high-loft soft shell bib, jacket, vest, hat, and gloves. The Celsius line uses body mapping to put insulation where you
    need it and take it away from where you don’t to enhance fit and range-of-motion. Rounding out its accessory line to take hunters from early season to late season hunts are three new gloves and two, redesigned headwear styles. The popular Mountain Pant has been transformed into the new Ascent Pant, and the new Nimbus Series is poised to set the standard for extreme weather conditions, building off the success of the Downpour System, which won Field and Stream’s Gear of the Year in 2007. Two new packs with advanced suspension systems revolutionize the way hunters carry their gear.

Most items will be available in Mothwing Mountain Mimicry, Mossy Oak Treestand and Real Tree AP, as well as an assortment of solid colors.

As usual, Sitka’s designs use state-of-the-art production to incorporate Durable Water Repellency (DWR) fabric finishes, YKK zippers,micro-tape construction and welded seams. Additionally, the line has all new trims this season, from zipper pulls to removable suspenders in the 90% Pant and the new Ascent Pant.

Sitka is committed to the best technology, fabrics, designs, construction, and partners to produce top of the line base layers, insulation, outer layers, and accessories available to the hardcore hunter. Sitka gear designed to be comfortable in the worst of conditions and to take abuse for years on end.

Gear can make or break a hunt and plays a large part in defining the experience. Sitka redefines what people expect from clothing and shifts people’s perception of clothing as an after-thought, to a core piece...their gear.

still have a hard telling myself clothes that aren't gold plated are worth that much money.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Gold plated clothing sounds a little heavy for a mountain hunt but thats just me...

Default Thanks

Thanks all for the info. I appreciate the reply's. Roger

Default Thread resurection

Check out the NEW SITKA GEAR! I can't wait to actually get to lay hands on it. I am glad to see the mountain mimicry patern is still available and it looks like they added a new patern as well. The 90% gear looks to be the only survivor of the old line

Default Does look Impressive

The new line does look impressive--will have to check it out in a store when it arrives--just when I thought I was about done buying new items for the year out comes some great looking new cool gear!!!

The Celsius jacket and bib looks impressive, I wander how warm it is though.

To me the bibs almost reminded me of neoprene waders with that big black ugly pocket on the front but the Ascent pants look nice, might need a pair of those in the near future.

I also wish that Sitka Gear would make a short sleeved shirt, wearing their long sleeve shirt while carrying a pack makes it to warm for me.

If I recall you have access to base and if so order the Dri-Duke loose fit tan shirts from AAFES military clothing. They are solid tan but match the sitka mountain mimicry tan color perfectly and are only about $7 each. They are my standard base layer for everything outdoors.

Default A few 2007 SitkaGear items left...

Anchorage though. Most are 2XL and such, but there was one Medium, Downpour Jacket at Sportsmans Warehouse last week. The new stuff is spendy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast