Thread: Haul Road

Default Haul Road

I'm getting ready to head up the Haul Road in just a little over 2 weeks for spring 'bou, and I was wondering if anybody knows what CB channels the truckers run on when on the haul road, because I'm planning on hooking the CB back up in my truck for the trip.

Default Haul rd

I went up last year and used chanel 19 and talked ok to the truckers. Some will answer some wont just depends on the person. But thanks to a nice trucker he told me about a big herd headed towards the road and what mile marker they where at. I made it to the herd but missed and my wife got it all on video lol. A guy I work with went up last weekend and killed one by the road, he said they where everywhere.

I'm not really wanting to talk to them, I just want to be able to hear what they are saying to each other about the road, and so that incase I do need to talk to them I know what channel(s) to use.

I'm not going to be hunting the road, I'm going to ski or walk in 5 miles to use my rifle.

Channels 19 is the main public channel nation wide. There might be other conversations on other channels but 90% will be on 19.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by moosehunter78 View Post
    I went up last year and used chanel 19 and talked ok to the truckers. Some will answer some wont just depends on the person. But thanks to a nice trucker he told me about a big herd headed towards the road and what mile marker they where at. I made it to the herd but missed and my wife got it all on video lol. A guy I work with went up last weekend and killed one by the road, he said they where everywhere.

GOOD FOR YOU!! thats not involution of the law at all. Good for you.....

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if on the haul road there was a specific channel that the truckers run on going either way. Because I know that in the lower 48 and on the parks most truckers will run on a specific channel depending on what highway they are on and which direction they are headed.

Default Go with 19

All the truckers monitor 19. In thier trucks they have two radios one to talk to us and then the one they call the big radio, they do most of the talking on that one.

Hope this helps