BARREL of fun, today at the shooting range.

I dun farred a hunnert boolits through my 44 Mag. today. I did like Murphy and JOAT suggested and used sheets of printer paper. I separated them on my target frame, and shot for the middle.

The range was mostly at 10 yards, but I shot at 25 and 50 yards too. I tried different things.

I used a rest at 50 yards and was lucky to get on the paper.
At 25 yards, using a 2 handed hold, I could keep them mostly on the paper.
At 10 yards left handed only, I was lucky to hit the paper.

But, at 10 yards both SA and DA, I was able to group pretty good if I paid attention. My groups, 1 handed, were off to the right, and 2 handed they were in the middle of the paper.

I started loading 5 rounds at a time, to make things come out even, and my last 10 shots were in the center of the paper, and all within 2.5 inches.

I was using 20 grains of IMR 4227 with 240 grain Cast bullets, and since recoil wasn't an issue, the whole exercise was a lot of fun. I'm sure it's nothing to brag about, but I'll do better next time.

The last time I did this, I was testing hotter loads, and one-handed shooting was hard on my paw. I guess I'll settle for 20 grains to practice, and shoot the hotter loads only occasionally.

Thanks to all who gave me advice on howta practice.
Smitty of the North