Thread: Cordova Hunting/Fishing?

Default Cordova Hunting/Fishing?

I might be moving to Cordova. How is the hunting and fishing? The regs look pretty good. Long seasons, variety of game, and good access to the areas. Any ideas?
    Thanks

So..... no one has hunted or fished out of Cordova.

Default No but

Haven't been there but my hunting partners have and I am close by. Moose, brown bears, lots of ducks, good fishing, access to deer.... almost heaven.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Cordova

I have hunted it for Moose and Bear. Seen several bear there, didn't shoot any...looking for bigger guy at the time. It can rain a little there ;-)

Default Cordova

I haven't been there lately but we used to hunt both black & brown bear there. Usually did pretty good. We hunted north of the town. Also always saw lots of goats above where we hunted. It seems like Cordova would be a pretty good place to live.

It sounds pretty good. Thank you for the info.

Need a good salt boat, an airboat and the best raingear you can afford.

Lived in Cordova for awhile. One thing to remember, only two ways to leave and they are both dependent on the weather. Had to stay in Anch. or Sea. more than once.
    "All bureaucracies are the same. They drain the life out of the truly creative people and develop mindless paperpushers as their critical mass."

"You are a den of Vipers.I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God I will rout you out.If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system there would be a revolution before morning"--Andrew Jackson 1828

neat place if you like salt, cool little town, nice people, LOTS of moose and bears, great goat hunting and tons of fish and waterfowl, you get the right toys and you'll have a blast! best of all.....limited outside pressure!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Wink Cordova

Cordova is a neat little town with lots of friendly people. Since EVERYTHING comes in on plane or boat, prices are high. Check out the food prices before moving. Fishing is excellent, bear and goat hunting is great too. As others have mentioned, don't go without good rain gear (NO goretex) and your rubber booties! I have seen some pictures of clear days in Cordova, but have not experienced too many of those.

Some locals describe Cordova as a "quaint little drinking town with a fishing problem".

You'll have fun there and be close to some beautiful country. Not hardly any roads so ya shouldn't get too many miles on a vehicle.

Default Cordova

A hunting and fishing paradise. Moose, deer, brownies, the place is infested with black bears, goats, waterfowl, hares, spruce hens, trapping, salmon, halibut, some of the biggest ling cod you'll ever see, rockfish, trout, winter King fishing.....on and on.

If you want local info, contact Tom at Whiskey Ridge, the local sporting goods store.

As noted above, very high cost of living and lots of wind and rain and some years snow. If you have questions, send me a PM.

If you don't like Rainier or Blue Ribbon beer, then don't go to Cordova.