Thread: Wifes old mining claim

Default Wifes old mining claim

Wife asked me if I would be interested in reopening her old mining claim. She let it go 15-16 yrs ago (before we were married). Seems nobody has ever filed on it accourding to county records. She never did anything with it excpet take the kids there for picnics and caming. Its got 2 springs, one year round. 4 acers easy to drive up to. Fileing cost $100.00. Its very close to the house and can get my small motor home there. Dont plan on finding the "Lost Dutchman" there. Have seen to many people come up from the city and spend the summer "gonna get rich", and have to sell everything so they can get back home. My idea of gold mining is sit on the creek bank with my pan or sluice box, with my feet in the water, a sammich and a cold soda and enjoy the out of doors. Ifin I find color great. Nice thing its in a place where I can shoot iffin I so want to.

Gun Runner

Alaska doesn't have any county stuff. You would need to check with the Alaska Department of Natural Resources to see if anyone has filed on it yet. You can check on this site to see if there are any active claims in the area.

http://mapper.landrecords.info/

stiffnecked
    I'am in N. Calif up in the mountains in mining country.

Gun Runner