The past four years we have gone to Anchor Point for halibut/chinook. This year I have my boat up from Oregon and I am thinking of taking the boat to Deep Creek instead, hoping for better odds on Kings, and we'll be staying for a week. Here are some questions for people that have stayed there and used the launch there.
1. Campgrounds. I have a motor home and would like to know a good place to stay there, close to the tractor launch in the motor home with hookups.
2. Launching--is there room to take the boat to the launch, turn around, etc.
3. Halibut--That time of year do you have to go very far from shore in late May to get flat-fish, or do you have to head south towards Homer?
4. Salmon--when Trolling for kings there, I know that there are areas you can't fish near (such as the mouths of rivers/creeks). What places can you not fish near from Deep Creek?
5. Salmon trolling again--which is the best direction to head from the lauch, and incoming tide the best? ( I usually set up to troll with the tide ).
Thanks, I know that's a lot of questions, but I have not gone there yet and I'm hoping for help so I have a plan before I get there.