Thread: Barney's Goodies

Question Barney's Goodies

Ok,

So I am looking to upgrade some of my hunting gear this week at Barney's, specifically a pack and a tent. I've narrowed it down, but I'd like to get some feedback before I trade in my first born.

TENT: I'm narrowed down to the Nallo 3 GT or the Kaitum 3 person. Personally I like the idea of one big vestibule, but Bob made some pretty good arguments for the Kaitum, mostly about having two tent entrances.

So if you have used either of these tents in the past and have good or bad feedback, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

PACK: I'm buying the freighter frame. I'm also going to buy a bag to go with it, but I can't decide which one. I have it narrowed down to the Pinnacle and the Hunter. I'm leaning toward the Pinnacle. So, if you have used these bags before and have some opinions on which is better, I'd like to hear about it. Of course, the difference is the zippered bottom compartment vs a larger bag.

Thanks guys.

P.S. if anyone has some spare gold bars you can loan me to pay for all of this, I would appreciate it!

Default Barneys

How long does it take to update a website? Barneys website is still down.

Default how long?

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    How long does it take to update a website? Barneys website is still down.
    Don't hold your breath. It could be months.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

I have the Nammatj 3 GT, which is just the slightly heavier fabric version of the Nallo 3 GT, and I love it. If you set it up with the tube into the wind and open the vents you won't see any moisture in the morning. The yellow liner really brings in the light. It was very stable in estimated 50 mph winds. The only drawback is that it's not free standing, so you'll have a hard time setting it up on rock or hardpack dirt. The vestibule is hugh and held two packs and two pairs of boots easily. The large vestibule is nice for cooking in (fire safety in mind) when it's raining.

Default pricey

Well, I dropped off my first born last night after work and bought the pinnacle and Nallo 3 GT. Turns out a first born isn't worth as much if they are already talking back. Just an FYI for anyone else that is thinking of the same.

After seeing how my buddies black diamond highlight w/vestibule worked for him on our 16 day sheep hunt, I got one for myself. They are light and roomy and the vestibule is plenty big enough for you pack and to cook in and they are yellow and bright.

I picked up a Nallo 3 Gt last year and couldn't be happier with it. I took it to Adak where it withstood 4 days of non stop rain and 45-70mph winds. I added extra tie down lines after the singles kept snaping off. The large porch made the trip bearable. If you get in real nasty stuff you can double pole the tent.