Thread: outfitter/guide service

Default outfitter/guide service

i have a friend that is coming up here from texas this summer and fall. he is wanting to hunt moose and caribou mainly. i was wondering if anybody has any inputs on a good outfitting service. he wants to hunt with his bow, but if he has to us a rifle he will. thanks

Default Outfitting is one thing to guide is another

Quote Originally Posted by akcummins View Post
    i have a friend that is coming up here from texas this summer and fall. he is wanting to hunt moose and caribou mainly. i was wondering if anybody has any inputs on a good outfitting service. he wants to hunt with his bow, but if he has to us a rifle he will. thanks
    So; do you think your friend is looking to do an outfitted hunt. Meaning hire an air taxi; rent some gear and equipment load it all up and be flown in and dropped off for a week or so; that's what an outfitted hunt is.

OR do you think he is wanting to hire a guide and give a guide about 10K to "help" him kill a moose?

If a combo hunt moose/caribou is truly what you think your friend wants the options become fewer.

The only bow only guide up here I know of is Denali Hunts. Stan Parkerson is the owner. Good operation, great moose country, and all your guides are dedicated bowhunters themselves. Not some good guy who can point you to moose who knows nothing about bows....

i know what the difference is between the two. he is probably more willing to do the outfitted. it does not have to be a moose and caribou combo. that is just what he wants to hunt when he is up here this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by akcummins View Post
    i know what the difference is between the two. he is probably more willing to do the outfitted. it does not have to be a moose and caribou combo. that is just what he wants to hunt when he is up here this fall.
    What are his planned dates?

he is leaving texas on the 31st of may and driving his camper up here. then staying all summer and into the fall.