Thread: T/C Pro hunter

Default T/C Pro hunter

Anybody have opinions on the T/C prohunter? Am thinking of getting one, how accurate are they?

Thumbs up Outstanding

TC Encore/Prohunter are one of the most accurate guns on the market. I have a regular Encore in 7mm, 30/06, and .50 and love it. I plan on expanding my barrel options to 375 as well as getting a shotgun barrel. The most versitile gun you'll ever own. You won't be disappointed if you purchase one. If you plan on hunting big Bears with it, make sure you have a back-up shooter since they are single shot and take lots of practice to reload quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by yukon254 View Post
    Anybody have opinions on the T/C prohunter? Am thinking of getting one, how accurate are they?

They are a good gun. Every T/C barrel I have shot was pretty good.

I just bought one in .338 Federal. Was hoping to get the .375 Ruger barrel, too, but they never actually manufactured it - pressure apparently to high.

I love this gun. Look forward to hunting goats with it this fall. Right now it's shooting the factory 180 Accubond quite well. Hopefully can tighten it up even further with some handloads and a trigger job.

Chris

Default 338

thanks guys, Chris i like the 338 federal, what kind of groups are you getting

When I do my part, I seem to be around 1.5" at 100 yds. That's in the midst of shooting a 300 RUM and 375 Ruger, so I'm not sure I was at my best. But I really like the gun and am excited to hunt with it. I recently received some parts from bellmtcs.com to do a trigger job, and I ordered the oversize barrel hinge pin, supposed to tighten things up and improve accuracy. Probably be another week before I can get out and shoot with the "improvements" and give a report.

Could let you try out the gun if you want to rally at Rabbit Creek some time.

Chris

Oops, just saw you are in the Yukon. Guess that test drive will have to wait!

Good luck with your choice!

Chris

Default Tack Driver

Yukon,

I have to physically walk to my target at 100 yds to check my groups because they are too tight to distinguish in a spotting scope. that is with the 30/06, 26" BBL. Every shot touching if I am holding steady on the bench. I did a trigger job and replaced the hammer spring with a 47lb spring from Bellun TC and call it my sniper rifle. Most accurate rifle I have ever shot and I have shot a lot of custom rifles.
    Geet one and you'll fall in love with it.