Thread: Duck stamp price?

bullshop junior

Exclamation Duck stamp price?

How much does a duck stamp cost? I have never tried water fowl hunting, But do enjoy hunting with a shot gun.
    Thanks.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

5 for state
    15 for federal

Thats what it was last year

Been 5 and 15 for as long as I can remember, it really needs to go up, that is actually one stamp (the Fed one) that actually goes to habitat protection.

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    Been 5 and 15 for as long as I can remember, it really needs to go up, that is actually one stamp (the Fed one) that actually goes to habitat protection.
    I don't know if I would agree that the price needs to go up.

If the feds would loosen up on our late season here in Alaska I would be willing to pay double that price. Alaska's waterfowl season should start at least 2 weeks prior to Sept. 1 in the interior.

Alaska is one of the only states that doesn't have a spring season for geese either.
    Combat Vet by choice! Defender of this great nation and people (Which unfortunately also includes the stupid and the ignorant.)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_R_ZqAiK-e_U0M:<a href=http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/hockey/ARCTICLIONS/Ice_Puppies_Logo_Light_with_shading.jpg target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://hometeamsonline.com/photos/ho...th_shading.jpg</a>

Support Youth Hockey!
    http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams...Y&s=hockey&t=c

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanmoosehunter View Post
    I don't know if I would agree that the price needs to go up.

If the feds would loosen up on our late season here in Alaska I would be willing to pay double that price. Alaska's waterfowl season should start at least 2 weeks prior to Sept. 1 in the interior.

Alaska is one of the only states that doesn't have a spring season for geese either.

The seasons set at Sept. 1 is by the North American Migratory Waterfowl Act. The seasons have to be set between Sept. 1 and March 10. It literally took and Act of Congress to have the Spring goose season go beyond that. The only reason they can do that is because it is a Conservation order, similar to our ariel wolf hunts. The Mid-Continental population of Snow geese is way over populated and they are eating them selves out of their nesting grounds in the Arctic.

I don't disagree nor agree that the interior's season should start earlier as I don't hunt that area and am not familiar with the migration patterns. I know your Specklebellies head south pretty early. I know in Southcentral I have seen birds in mid-August that were late hatch birds that still couldn't fly.

Basically, what I was saying in the price should or could go up is that we are lucky to have at least one of our fees that is dedicated to our sport and habitat that supports that and the fees do not go into the General Fund.

What would be really nice is a spring duck season.

It'll never happen, but it would be Awesome!!!

I have been seeing a lot of local birds flying around Eagle River, and now I am really dying to go duck hunting. I was walking my dog the other day, and had a flock pass over in perfect shooting range. Both me and my dog were starting to go crazy, he tried to jump a fence to get at them when they landed.

I have never been more proud of him.

Only 5 months to go.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!