Thread: Chugach Sheep weapons restrictions

Default Chugach Sheep weapons restrictions

I was wondering if there is any thing that would stop a rifle hunter from hiking through a Bow only area to access a rifle permit zone and then return hopefully with a punched tag through the bow only area?
    I have been looking through the regs and havn't been able to find anything solid about this.

Not that I've ever heard of. It wouldn't be unlike hiking the 5 miles off the Haul Road through the archery-only zone while carrying a rifle. Perfectly legal if you're not actively hunting.

Yea Brian............but can you imagine stepping onto the road, or off the trail head, with your dead animal on your back, your rifle in your hands, the bow only line right behind you, and a trooper in front! Haha.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Just make sure you bring a gps to mark the spot of where the gut pile will be when you leave. That might help if a guy with a badge starts asking questions.

I have personally run into people doing this in the chugach's. They jumped over from the eklutna lake tag and was coming back when we saw them in Sept.