Thread: Quail?

Default Quail?

No laughing. My wife swears she saw a small covey of quail today off Knik Goose Bay Rd. She lived most of her life in the farm country of Missouri so she knows quail. I told her she was crazy, which did not go over very well. It's too early for Grouse hatchlings, I believe. So what did she see? By the way, I must be crazy too as I could of sworn I saw a dove a couple of days ago while driving to Anchorage. It was flying parallel to the Glenn and moving fast.

your wife was probably right many years we have a few bobwhite that have either escaped or were released , give the mild winter and number of people that raise quail there is a good chance she saw quail.

the arctic bird dog club does lots of training and trials out that way. They often have quail escape and some of them do live through the winter. Dont be suprised if she sees pheasants or chukar as well. Those are used sometimes.

Also that Falcon Ridge Game bird ranch place is in that area and Im sure he gets some birds loose too.

bullshop junior

I have seen, And shot doves, pheasents and quial here.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.

Thanks, now I have to apologize. Flowers still work, right?

flowers nothin!.... get "her" a nice side by side in 20 gauage for the quail

bullshop junior

Remington spartin! I got a NEF pardner. $200.00.
    BIC/Daniel/BS Jr.