Well I went out and shot the 325 today for the first time. 200 grain winchester accubonds. The gun with the VXIII 2.5-8x36 Leupold weighs 7lbs 2oz. It kicks more than my old Ruger M77 30.06 obviously but I tell you what... it doesn't feel like it on the shoulder. With the stock design and the pachmeyer deexcelerator recoil pad it soaks it up pretty good. I shot 20 rounds and my shoulder does not feel a thing. I used to hurt after running 10 180 gr rounds through the Ruger M77. From a recoil stand point I'd rather shoot the 325. No lie.

Once I got settled down adn got it dialed in I ended up with a 1 inch 3 shot group 2 inches high at 100yds using pillows for a rest on a bench. I'm going to come up with a better setup and shoot it a 200 yds and see what I get. Could'nt hold steady enough to try to get accurate 200 yd zero. I did shoot a 4 inch group though off the pillows. That's pretty good for me and good enough to kill a critter.

All in all I am pleasantly surprised regarding recoil or rather lack of felt recoil. Looking forward to shooting some tight groups at 200yds though. Back to the range!