Thread: Where to find metal drum W/removable lid

Default Where to find metal drum W/removable lid

I have been looking for a 55 gal. drum with the removable lid that I can use to bait blackies, but have had luck locating any. Any ideas where a guy could pick up a couple in the greater Anch. area ? Just trying to help out those moose calves !
    Pick A Spot

Try looking on Craiglist.

I bought several from Inlet Petroleum at the Port of Anchorage. Ask them for the grease barrels with removable lids. They are used for lubrication grease and the grease is in a plastic bag inside them. Once empty the bag is removed and the insides of the barrels are spotless.

Thanks, I will give Inlet Petrolem a try. I looked around on craigslist, but no luck. Thanks for the tip!
    Pick A Spot

There's a guy on the Palmer Wasills Hwy in Wasilla that sells the locking lid barrels that you are looking for. Not a bad price either.

From the Parks Hwy, take the PWH and head toward Palmer. Look for the Express Lube car wash and the barrel guy is next to the car wash.

Dobber

Default 55 Gal Steel Barrels

American Park and Sell in Wasilla has barrels with locking rings at $25 each. He is located on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway. Coming from Anchorage, Turn right at Tesoro onto Palmer-Wasilla Highway, Go just past the first light and it is the second turnoff to the right. American Park and Sell, a small lot just pas the car wash.

Default barrels w/lids

Try car washes! They used to get their bulk soap in 50/55gal drums?

Thanks a lot everyone, I should be able to find some.
    Pick A Spot

unitech of alaska has em plastic metal etc new and reconditioned