Thread: Graphite Lubricant Paint

Default Graphite Lubricant Paint

I have seen this disused on other forums. Some get it from John Deer, some from www.agspecialty.com EZ-Slide. Has anyone used it in Alaska? Sounds like it might work very well in skinny water. Any comments?
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Default slippery

you can get the equivalent product locally at grainger, but you need to have an account with them, I will be trying it next year..the product is called slip-plate if memory serves..

Saw a video on another forum that made look promising.
    When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
    '08 24' HCM Granite HD "River Dog"

Default graphite epoxy

look up "Coat-it". Expensive in town. Creative Wholesale (online) is the way to go.

I got some graphite powder from Alaska Lazertech or www.Skiffkits.com and mixed it with epoxy to create a bottom coat for my trailer boat. It took about 3 coats but made a pretty nice black bottom. Advantage is if I screw up and need to patch I can just sand it to create a little bite and patch with glass/epoxy and then recoat with the graphite epoxy mix. It seems to work for me. Without knowing your needs I can not say if it is relevant for your. The graphite didn't seem terribly expensive, came in quart containers I believe. He also had the System III epoxy.