Thread: Best used machine

Default Best used machine

There are two used machines I'm interested in.
    96 440 Indy Transport (3000)mls
    99 Tundra
    I know I want a reliable utlity machine hunting and hauling
    What would you choose and why......

The Tundra! Why.....because it was designed for the exact things you want to do with it...............oh yeah, I've only owned Skidoo's so that might have a little something to do with it too!!

The Indy Transport was not a bad machine. How big are you? Most folks I know that are over 200# simply can't ride a Tundra to it's potential.

Default 96 Xlt Rmk

I picked up a Polaris 96 XLT RMK 600. I was fortunate enought to find a diamond in the rough. It is used but not abused. It has a 132 track and 1.75 paddles. I have been very happy with it and have used it on trails and some deep snow, I use it mostly for hunting/outdoors. I am not too much into high marking but I am sure this machine can...it can go really fast when I open it up. I weigh over 200+lbs. I was able to keep up and sometimes outrun my friends new 2007 Yamaha 4 stroke 550.

For hunting and hauling a 440 might work, it depends on how much you weigh. If you weigh over 200 you might want to get one with more cc, you will need it when hauling a sled etc.
    My two cents-good luck

Advice between the two-Polaris
    Tundras are good too, and Ski-Doo, I have just never owned one and have always been pleased with my Polaris machines.

The Transports are good sleds. One thing to consider is the track, Transports have a 141" track that has been discontinued, you can still find them but getting harder. The polaris 440 fan is a long running motor usually, and better power than the Tundra. What's the price's.

KK

Default tundra

tundras ae cheap and reliable, parts are everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I don't know where you live, but a good Tundra around here is over $2000 for a mid 90's model. I have bought three Indy Lites this winter for my kids and didn't spend that for all three of them. There is a '96 in the classifieds for $2800. I'll sell you a tricked out Summit 670X with a 159" track for that much

Yes, Tundras are great sleds. People just want too much for them.

I went with the 99 tundra with reverse. Its in great shape. Pd $1900 with 2 boxes for the cargo rack. For what I do and having a young kid and a wife not that familar with machines I thought it was the better purchase. I always seem to have the money in the spring when the large fuel bills stop rolling in . In any case bought it just in time to park it and for next year. Thanks for all the comments.