Thread: Just got the go ahead!

Thumbs up Just got the go ahead!

Just got the OK from the wife to buy a dredge. Getting a fully loaded 3" Keene. Been wanting one for a long time. Spent 2 summers in Chicken AK as a nozzlerman on a 12" dredge working the 40mile river. Love to be under water looking at all that matirial going up the pipe in wonders of the clean up at the end of the day. With the gold prices these days she finally caved.

The plan is to poke around a bit this summer then dredge hard this winter.

If you are going to get it from AMDS you better hurry, Steve said that they are selling out fast. With the price of gold up you can expect some company in the creeks... Are you going to be poking around in the fortymile or closer to Anchorage?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in AK View Post
    If you are going to get it from AMDS you better hurry, Steve said that they are selling out fast. With the price of gold up you can expect some company in the creeks... Are you going to be poking around in the fortymile or closer to Anchorage?
    Yea I heard steve is running low, hope I can get there before he is out, and if he is I will have to look for a used one. I plan on staying in the Girdwood/Hope/Talkeetna area. I have some spots out of talkeetna I have been looking at for a few years now, the history and geoligy looks and sounds great so who knows! :)

I have a 2 1/2" dredge it's wayto small, Buy a 4"you will not be sorry.

Default Dredge combo

I have a dredge/highbanker combo 2 1/2". Works pretty good but larger stones are a problem. I bought a potato rake to rake the hole out first. I am only doing small streams, maybe 20 foot across at the most. The thing I like about it the most is portability.

Here I have everything loaded for an outing. Dredge, sluice, pans food, tools and extra fuel.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...1&d=1189662044

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012